Hero-II -- CAPT Michael Speicher, USN - Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was the first American shot down in the Gulf War, 1991. He was the last great unsolved mystery from that time. Sad it ended this way, but at least his family now has a tad bit of closure. And he can truly rest in peace, under the fresh green grass of his home, in a place where his sacrifice will be always honored and never forgotten. Welcome home, sir.

CNN Version of Story.

34.gif

I am happy there is closure to this mystery and all the crazy theories regarding his fate. The activity of the Bedouins show that even in war most people respect the sanctity of the dead. I also never new the DoD continues promotions for MIAs.

We never stop looking for our POW/MIA. From ANY war or conflict. Google "JPAC" if you are interested.

Mr. Collins:

Click on my username. I've been a Marine for 29 years, and (as inexplicable as it may be), I've risen to the rank of Colonel. I was a young aviator myself when then-LCDR Speicher vanished. The case has bothered me since. Thank God we finally brought him home from the hot and hostile sands of that unworthy place.

I'm glad that they found his remains, but now the next question that will be unanswered is how did he die. Was if from the combat action or was it from maybe being captured by Iraqi forces on the ground? People are still going to have theories for years to come about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back