Here's where the semanitcs and spin come in !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just brought out: Video game for I tunes I think from a group that said video games plays a big role in violence yes yes I know you cannot fix stupid .

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Just brought out: Video game for I tunes I think from a group that said video games plays a big role in violence yes yes I know you cannot fix stupid .

Are you talking about the NRA game that allows people to shoot paper targets?

As opposed to the video game that allows people to shoot the NRA president in the head?

Yes I am I just do not know re. rules you can go naming names etc. Yes this is the one as I said you cannot fix stupid and why bother??? Or the one I you cannot teach a pig to sing and you make the pig mad too.
Originally Posted By: Tempest

Are you talking about the NRA game that allows people to shoot paper targets?

As opposed to the video game that allows people to shoot the NRA president in the head?

sk010913dAPR20130109014540.jpg

Which is about right.

I just think this area Newtown, for whatever, the people will not allow the mudslide of bovine excrement to prevail, like before. Recent example of a video game produced by the very one who says they play a big roll. This area is not going to let it happen IMHO.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Over all of the morning news in Oz todays is that the gun buyback seems to have failed...

Apparently there are now more guns in Australia than there were before Port Arthur,indicating the the buyback and the laws were a failure.

Same buyback and same laws that they:
* tout have reduced gun related fatalities (stats skewed by reduction in firearm suicides, not overall death rate);
* haven't had another Port Arthur since we had the first one.

Interestingly, Rupert Murdoch, our Foreign Minister, and our Prime Minister have offered that the Oz system was the solution to America's problems.

So you can spin the same argument both ways and still be credible ????

Is there a hefty tax on certain types of firearms? I'm surprised the idea hasn't been floated.

I just think this area Newtown, for whatever, the people will not allow the mudslide of bovine excrement to prevail, like before. Recent example of a video game produced by the very one who says they play a big roll. This area is not going to let it happen IMHO.

New York just severely restricted the general populace's property and self defense rights. You should be very happy, no?

Nope I will be happy only when the New York Jets get a quarterback my property looks ok so far and self defense is my best friend King it is ok at this time!
grin.gif

New York just severely restricted the general populace's property and self defense rights. You should be very happy, no?

Last edited:
Never letting an incident go without pushing the issue down the public's neck...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/oscar...6-1226578161509

Morning media was reporting it as a tragic Valentine's Day accident, along with "this is exactly why there shouldn't be guns in the home"..."they are ore likely to kill a loved one"..."reinforces the need for an absolute ban".

By evening, when the charges had been laid, and it was pretty obviously not an accident, they were even more rabid.

Any incident will do. This is what one of our police chiefs has to say about guns:
Quote:
“One issue that always boggles my mind is that the idea that a gun is a defensive weapon,” James said. “That is a myth. A gun is not a defensive weapon.”

James is the Police Chief of Emeryville, California and the Police Chief Association’s Firearms Committee Chairman.

“A gun is an offensive weapon used to intimidate and show power,” he asserted, explaining to the audience that police officers don’t carry weapons to defend themselves, but to do their job in a “safe and effective manner.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/california...article/2521563

So if guns are an "offensive weapon used to intimidate and show power", why exactly are police carrying them???

The idiocy of some of these people with badges is striking.

Any incident will do. This is what one of our police chiefs has to say about guns:
Quote:
“One issue that always boggles my mind is that the idea that a gun is a defensive weapon,” James said. “That is a myth. A gun is not a defensive weapon.”

James is the Police Chief of Emeryville, California and the Police Chief Association’s Firearms Committee Chairman.

“A gun is an offensive weapon used to intimidate and show power,” he asserted, explaining to the audience that police officers don’t carry weapons to defend themselves, but to do their job in a “safe and effective manner.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/california...article/2521563

So if guns are an "offensive weapon used to intimidate and show power", why exactly are police carrying them???

The idiocy of some of these people with badges is striking.

That so called "police chief" should be fired. A gun can be either offensive or defensive, depending on how it's being used, and by whom. In the case of a law abiding citizen using it to defend himself or family it's a defensive weapon. In the case of a criminal using it to commit a crime, it's an offensive weapon. We need to control the offenders of being offensive with guns. Leave the law abiding defenders alone. The world is way too twisted anymore to even make sense to so called sensible people (like police) anymore.

Washington state was trying to sneak in house to house searches for firearms:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/20/gun-bill-giving-sheriff-right-inspect-homes-pulled/

Sounds like Germany, around 1938~1939. Knock, knock ... "Can we see your papers ... and you're storage method of all your guns?"

And in order to determine if "proper storage" was being used, there would have to be laws that specifically defined what proper storage was ... and a law that says you must store in such fashion. Total infringement.

Just make and enforce laws that say if your gun(s) is/are in possession of unauthorized person(s), then the registered owner is also liable and can be charged accordingly (probably already laws along those lines). Owners of guns need to control access of those guns by other unauthorized people ... and if they are careless (letting crazy kids, etc getting those guns and going on a rampage like in CT), then they can be charged if warranted.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Washington state was trying to sneak in house to house searches for firearms:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/20/gun-bill-giving-sheriff-right-inspect-homes-pulled/

Sounds like Germany, around 1938~1939. Knock, knock ... "Can we see your papers ... and you're storage method of all your guns?"

It was the post WW1 Weimar Republic that banned nearly all private gun control. Not Hitler.

In 1938, under Nazi rule, gun laws became significantly more relaxed. Rifle and shotgun possession were deregulated, and gun access for hunters, Nazi Party members, and government officials was expanded. The legal age to own a gun was lowered. Jews, however, were prohibited from owning firearms and other dangerous weapons.

You, if you were not a member of the persecuted in Germany, would of loved 1938 Germany as far as gun ownership went.

Quote:
Jews, however, were prohibited from owning firearms and other dangerous weapons.

You, if you were not a member of the persecuted in Germany, would of loved 1938 Germany as far as gun ownership went.

So when the government is trying to restrict the gun ownership rights of the entire population, what does that tell you?

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Never letting an incident go without pushing the issue down the public's neck...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/oscar...6-1226578161509

Morning media was reporting it as a tragic Valentine's Day accident, along with "this is exactly why there shouldn't be guns in the home"..."they are ore likely to kill a loved one"..."reinforces the need for an absolute ban".

By evening, when the charges had been laid, and it was pretty obviously not an accident, they were even more rabid.

Latest evidence was a Cricket Bat to the head as cause of death, wasn't it?

I am all for banning Cricket Bats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back