Here kitty..

Status
Not open for further replies.
NatGeo: Bobcats are elusive and nocturnal, so they are rarely spotted by humans.
LOL.

Originally Posted by spackard
NatGeo: Bobcats are elusive and nocturnal, so they are rarely spotted by humans.
LOL.

Except around Phoenix where it seems every week someone has one in their backyard and the vid of it makes the news...

I've seen several while out and about here in northern Az.

I have one that hangs around my house.

IMG_20160908_185902338.jpg

If I was the animal control officer , would let the bobcat drink all the beer it wanted & hope it passed out .

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
If I was the animal control officer , would let the bobcat drink all the beer it wanted & hope it passed out .

No steak with the beer?

Mercury used to have some reps at car shows with a tame bobcat on a leash. I petted it one time, it was cool and friendly. My cat acted funny when I came home. Kept meowing cheater I think.

Rod

I've seen a couple of coyotes hunt as a group. One distracts, the other comes up from behind. Cats don't do well.
They are a pretty common pre-dawn sight here. Occasionally I've seen one after dark.

When we lived in the DFW are , our house buttoned up against a creek and a large wooded area, every year we would get notices from the city that bobcats are in the area and not leave small dogs outside at night. Bobcats are no joke the look innocent and small but are walking shredders. Our vet was telling us that a bobcat fought a large German Sheppard and won, the poor dog had over 100 stitches and lost part of his ear and his eye. I love animals and have a healthy respect for wild animals, after all we as humans are invading their homes.

Originally Posted by Kira
That "vvdailypress..." link sent my computer to a bad place performance wise. I thought it'd be locked up forever. I advise against clicking on it.

That's weird. It's our local paper.

Originally Posted by Chris142
I have one that hangs around my house.

CAT BAL.... Never mind.

Apparently these sound like a woman screaming? I was asleep one night as a kid with my window open (the parents live in a woods) and was woken up by something that sounded about like that. My brother and I swear we saw one by our pond one day while we were headed back to go fishing. Way too big to be a domestic cat and it was eating something dead.

Originally Posted by andyd
How does a solitary bob cat make out against a pack of coyotes ? I don't see many trees out your way.

Coyotes are not pack animals.

I read the whole account and some comments. The last pic was a very PO'ed kitty with a chokestick pinning it. Probably a young un. Cats are making a come back in general I've read.

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
Mercury used to have some reps at car shows with a tame bobcat on a leash. I petted it one time, it was cool and friendly. My cat acted funny when I came home. Kept meowing cheater I think.

Rod

Wasn't that a cougar (mountain lion) instead of a bobcat? Wait a minute, Mercury did market the Bobcat, the Pinto-clone.
A couple of years ago, I almost hit two bobcats on a gravel road near me. It was in the middle of the day and one was chasing the other one across the road, probably trying to get a little nookie. As far as the comment about coyote-bait, bobcats have claws and can run at great speed. I can easily see one of these tearing up 4- 5 coyotes a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back