Here I sit…

browsing bitog while sitting next to my dying grandmother. She is completely in a vegetable state. Can’t blink, talk, move, only instinctually breath. She’s on hospice at home. I have been taking care of her for years but these last few months she has needed almost 24/7 care. You try and make her as comfortable as possible but its tough as you can only guess on her needs based on experience with her when she was able to talk.

Sent a prayer up for you. Sorry that you are going through this difficult time. I'm sure it means the world that you are there with her.

Say the things you want to say. You'll hear it in her breathing when the end is near. Will think of you.

Prayers for your grandmother are in order, and you have also strength to endure through all this

You did the right thing. Not just for her but for yourself aswell. I think this will give you closure and let you give the experience it's proper place. It's always hard to lose people that were a major part of your life though.

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother passing - it's always difficult.

As an aside, I've watched quite a few loved ones decline and suffer for significantly long periods of time with no quality of life, or they were essentially been gone for a long time but their body kept going - it can be very undignified. It's an absolute travesty that people are forced to keep going with an emphasis on maintaining their "dignity" but they do not have the agency to decide how and when they pass IF that's what they want. Some people will want every last second but many suffer unnecessarily.

Very sorry for your loss.

Remember the good times you had with her and appreciate that she lived a good long life where you had the opportunity to really get to know her.

I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother passing - it's always difficult.

As an aside, I've watched quite a few loved ones decline and suffer for significantly long periods of time with no quality of life, or they were essentially been gone for a long time but their body kept going - it can be very undignified. It's an absolute travesty that people are forced to keep going with an emphasis on maintaining their "dignity" but they do not have the agency to decide how and when they pass IF that's what they want. Some people will want every last second but many suffer unnecessarily.
Yeah. She wanted to be given euthanasia but NY state is not one of the states that offer it. So she just had to hang on to the end.

We here may wonder why we are here. .I know my Lord has a purpose for me and my dear wife. We watch our 2 grand daughters. One.is 8 and one is 16 months old. I know that is why we are still here. They need the perspective on life that only grandparents can give them. We love them dearly and they know it. Chi!dren need that secure love that only grandparents can provide..

Sorry for your loss of Grandma. Both my grandmas are gone and they were both a blessing and gift to me. I am crying.

I am so very sorry for your loss. While it’s hard to watch, you being at her side was a blessing, for both of you.

Back