Help with window measurement

My daughters room has a window that lost its seal, has no screen, and is almost 30 year old.

The current window dimensions are below and in the pictures. The current window is 2''in deep and sits against the smaller inside dimensions

I'd like to order a vinyl replacement window and want to make sure I get it right the first time.

My thought is to order it to the exact outside specs so it is a good fit against the siding channel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Outside window exact dimensions
35 1/2 X 58 5/8

Inside window exact dimensions
34 3/4 X 57

Attachments

• Window inside.jpg
    Window inside.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Window outside.jpg
    Window outside.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Window 3.jpg
    Window 3.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 15
I am guessing that you are doing this yourself?

What you need are the measurements for the actual window opening. That would entail removing the interior trim and casing.

In that case, most vinyl replacement windows are installed like this one. The interior wall is "sheet rock" over concrete block, common construction in Florida. The window just fits into the interior opening, is installed from the INSIDE of the house with screws into the jamb. Then the window is filled around the circumference with low expanding foam or fiberglass, then caulked in place. The caulking becomes the inside trim. The outside will need to be addressed separately.
Window.jpg

In that case, most vinyl replacement windows are installed like this one. The interior wall is "sheet rock" over concrete block, common construction in Florida. The window just fits into the interior opening, is installed from the INSIDE of the house with screws into the jamb. Then the window is filled around the circumference with low expanding foam or fiberglass, then caulked in place. The caulking becomes the inside trim. The outside will need to be addressed separately.
View attachment 36147

Thank you for the advice.

Since the window I want to replace has a nail flange, I might as well install a new build window with a flange to get a better seal etc. I'm going to hold off for the moment as the scope of the job keeps increasing!

Back