Help with revs per mile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Riptide
I wonder why the Nitto site is so far off? They make the tire. :/

The basic elementary school level calculation that results in 708.8 revs/mile assumes that the tires is made exactly to the dimensions indicated by the tire size and that the tire is infinitely rigid, neither of which are true.

Could it be that Nitto knows more about their tires than some simple spreadsheet or a generic revs/mile calculator that ignores flex and manufacturing tolerances?
grin2.gif

Yah I think I'll just use the 730 figure until I get access to a GPS that will let me fine tune it.

Allow me to confirm that the rolling diameter of a tire can not be measured directly. However, the rolling diameter is about 97% of the overall diameter. Most tire size calculators do not take this into account.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: XS650
Originally Posted By: Riptide
I wonder why the Nitto site is so far off? They make the tire. :/

The basic elementary school level calculation that results in 708.8 revs/mile assumes that the tires is made exactly to the dimensions indicated by the tire size and that the tire is infinitely rigid, neither of which are true.

Could it be that Nitto knows more about their tires than some simple spreadsheet or a generic revs/mile calculator that ignores flex and manufacturing tolerances?
grin2.gif

That's all dirty corporate propaganda, and you know it!
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back