Help with Homelite chainsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its too bad the cost is so high. I too would hate to waste such a decent saw. I am quite limited in my recommendation of a new saw. I run a Husky 445 with an 18" bar. Bought it at the dealer, who set it up and tuned it. Runs great and is all I need on my 10 acre property.

Fuel and breathing is often the culprit but you seem to have gone throug that.
May I suggest that you check the ignition cable? It could be almost off inside the rubber and that can cause it to run but badly, a bit like you describe it.
I had a cheap curve trimmer that was hard starting, revved slowly, used a lot of fuel and suddenly stopped and lost spark. Checked the on/off switch wiring and all else in the ignition and found out that the wire was broken 15mm into the rubber. Cut the cable and soldered it again and it runs like a champ since then (like 10 yrs) and cant believe it is a china trimmer

I think it's the inline fuel filter in the tank. It's on the end of the fuel line. It takes very little to clog these things up. You can buy them at Advance Auto, Home Depot or buy a bunch on eBay.

Originally Posted By: lars11
Or if it has an impulse tube to the csrb thats cracked or loose
Had problems with my Poluan last summer. Tried adjusting the fuel mix but it still bogged down. Turned out to be the fuel lines in the tank had cracked.

Originally Posted By: DeafBrad
I would use the saw to maintain the property. The property is just 2 acres, so a heavy duty, expensive saw is not needed/wanted. I am looking for a value priced saw that will work great being used 5-10 hours a year. Any suggestions?

I would suggest the Poulan Pro 5020AV. I have the Sears Craftsman version, fantastic saw for the price. I swapped out the stock Vanuard safety chain/bar combo for a Forrrester Pro bar and full chisel chain, made a big improvement. Also, ordered the splined carb adjustting tool on Ebay, mine was sightly lean from the factory but still ran fine.

BTW, I never drain fuel on OPE, just use premium fuel and add a stabilizer, never had any issues.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052EL9YU/ref=s9_dcacsd_bhz_bw_c_x_1_w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back