Help with exhaust clamp suggestions

Shop is working on a family members 1998 s320. The exhaust was leaking from a rotted clamp. A new donut gasket was purchased but the issue is the clamp. From the factory the exhaust clamps were put on before the flared end of the pipe was made. Therefore the only way to replace the clamp from the factory is to replace the entire exhaust section. What could i buy and bring to the shop for them to use in this application as a clamp?
4F2D6CA7-0F39-497E-A716-DEA7793889CE.jpeg
8C309557-0612-4D2A-93A9-694D5B888029.jpeg

Yeah split flange looks good. I didnt know they made something like that.

You need a Marmon Flange style clamp to clamp that up. They are used on diesel style exhausts on things like turbo flanges.

Just my $0.02

Two flared ends looking at each other. I never saw it before either.

By now we gotta know what's best, cheapest, longest lasting, fastest to make, fastest to repair, most flexible,

Two flared ends looking at each other. I never saw it before either.

By now we gotta know what's best, cheapest, longest lasting, fastest to make, fastest to repair, most flexible,
Probably cheapest and fastest to repair. Its not really hard to work on in the future

If those pipes are same diameter you could likely use a flat band clamp after cutting off the flanges

Not sure how much your pipes can move towards each other if they can “butt” up together or not

If there was a donut gasket in there, it probably needs to have some degree of flexibility. Wouldn’t a band clamp have very little give or flex?

Back