Help with choosing an exhaust for a 2002 honda accord 4cyl

I need to replace the entire exhaust on my 2002 Accord automatic with the F23A4 2.3l engine. It is carb compliant so I assume that means it has a california emissions exhaust. I have found this complete stainless steel exhaust
https://www.upsw.com/2002-accord-lx...s-steel-exhaust-front-pipe-resonator-muffler/
The issue is is that this exhaust is for a federal emissions vehicle. When I search for the exhaust component seperately I see that there is a different flex pipe for the california emissions vehicle vs the federal emissions vehicle. I would like to know what the difference between the federal and California emissions front flex pipe are and if this federal emissions exhaust would fit my vehicle? I do not care if the exhaust is carb compliant and I do not live in california or have emissions testing.

I assume this is why you're asking. " *Due to State of New York emission regulations, this catalytic converter cannot be installed on California emission equipped vehicles that are registered in State on New York."

NY requires cars with California emissions to only use CARB-legal converters.

For the cat back, I'd suggest an exhaust made of 304 stainless

You might this stainless front pipe

For the cat itself, get the Walker CARB cat. You will also need new oxygen sensors. Get Denso.

I assume this is why you're asking. " *Due to State of New York emission regulations, this catalytic converter cannot be installed on California emission equipped vehicles that are registered in State on New York."
The reason i ask is because there are two different flex pipes, one for california emission and one for federal emissions. I wanted to verify that the federal flex pipe will fit properly and that it is not a different shape than the california flex pipe.

Back in the late 80's I owned a '72 Datsun pickup. The muffler rotted out and I installed a Thrush Turbo muffler on it. It sounded like a hive of angry Hornets.
I wonder if I might have started that fad with the import cars installing those garbage can mufflers sticking out the back of their cars, noise craze? :LOL:

Back