Help with AC Delco filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up 3 ACDelco PF-52's from Advance Auto for $2.98 each. Didn't notice till I got home but the boxes and the filters just say AC Delco and do not have the Duraguard name anywhere. The last 3 I picked at PepBoys had the Duragurd name on them.The 8 digit product code matches the Duraguard box ( I keep the box tops for warranty ). Is it possible these are old ones or am I worrying over nothing? Like that never happens here.
grin.gif

Yes, in real fine print on the back. It says ACDelco 1995 GM corp. All rights reserved. Under that Made in Mexico.Didn't see that. Believe I'll be taking these back. Thank you sir.

I don't think there's anything wrong with them.
Others are certainly welcome to chime in, since I don't know a lot about the Mexican made AC's.
Maybe search this forum?

They are made by a Champ subsidarary. I believe they were not supposed to be sold here, but were. They are not bad filters however.

Thanks. I kinda remember a topic awhile back about some counterfeit filters coming out of Mexico.I'm gonna take em back and see if they have any of the Duraguards.

According to AC Delco they did not come from them. That store is importing them into the US from the mfg. in Mexico. In other words bypassing AC Delco USA and going to Mexico and buying filters not intended to be sold into the USA. Thats what I was told by AC Delco rep. They are probably old stock.

Well I took back the made in Mexico filters and when the counter guy at Advance asked why I brought them back I told him I wanted the Duraguard filters that are made in the US. He said all AC Delco filters are made in Mexico, said they have been for several years. I explained to him that wasn't correct and went and found 3 of the made in US filters and showed him the difference. He said well I guess you can learn something everyday and thanked me for telling him. For $2.98 a filter it's a pretty good price.

When I was in Advance yesterday I stocked up during their filter sale for all 3 vehicles. However, I failed to notice that my PF52 AC Delco was "made in mexico" and does not say "Duraguard" like some of the others did. I paid $3.98, and I'll take it back and get something else.

They may be the same quality, but I try to buy American if it all possible..
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Beast of Busco:
When I was in Advance yesterday I stocked up during their filter sale for all 3 vehicles. However, I failed to notice that my PF52 AC Delco was "made in mexico" and does not say "Duraguard" like some of the others did. I paid $3.98, and I'll take it back and get something else.

patriot.gif

I guess us Indianians are extra patriotic or something.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by farrarfan1:

quote:

Originally posted by Beast of Busco:

patriot.gif

I guess us Indianians are extra patriotic or something.
cheers.gif

Count some of us Michiganians in that group. I do it with vehicles & oil filters. I need to make sure I always do it with oil brands now too.

Glad to see my fellow hoosier's are keeping the faith.
patriot.gif
By the way I only buy the AMERICAN AC/Delco's. But if the made in mexico meets specs they should not be bad.

quote:

Originally posted by dave1251:
Glad to see my fellow hoosier's are keeping the faith.
patriot.gif
By the way I only buy the AMERICAN AC/Delco's. But if the made in mexico meets specs they should not be bad.

A transplant heh?

Greetings fellow Hoosiers!
cheers.gif

I took that AC Delco back to another Advance Auto in Fort Wayne. That store carried the American made ones.

I have learned with many products that you really have to look at the box to see where it was made (not "printed"). Guess I shouldn't have "assumed" that the AC's are made here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back