Help with a Belt Decision

I went with a Bando belt on the Reatta, made in USA. Less expensive than even an FVP belt. While I'm sure that a Gates, Conti, or any number of other brands would be perfectly fine, I felt better using something I know to be good quality.

The Backing itself is supposed to have more friction for pulleys driven off the back of the belt - or so called "flat pulleys". The two Nissan's in my signature actually drive the clutch fan itself off the back of the belt, and I have never had an issue or squeak out of a Bando belt on either, which is the only belt I will use anymore. As mentioned, there usually the cheapest as well.
A quick search on both the Bando site and Rock Auto shows that they offer both belts.
Would a Bando belt be a good belt then for a GM 3.1 L motor?

I use Gates, Continental or Dayco with confidence in all my vehicles.

Re: knee deep - On modern vehicles, so equipped, I also change out tensioners and idler pulleys at the same time. 70k is about where I seem to change these things so that seems reasonable to me.
I agree with marc1

I made the mistake of swapping a belt on our Subaru with a new belt......but a worn tensioner aparently.

It didnt last long without squeeling again, so I did both at the same time, second time around. Both continental with good results

Back