Help understanding Pennzoil Ultra Platinum oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by rav
I need your help understanding what I see in the bottom of the "pure" Ultra Platinum Pennzoil oil.
After changing the oil in our '15 BMW X5, I noticed some "dark" stuff in the bottom of the 5 qt jug. What is thins stuff? I thought that this was suppose to be the Purest motor oil since it's made from natural gas. AS I understand it, BMW switched form Castrol to Shell (who owns Pennzoil) because it was so PURE.
Can someone tell me what this stuff is

I've never seen it with any oil I've used ever and I have used many different oils.
I did have debris in my oil after using Pennzoil Platinum. Thought it was carbon buildup or something but never had it before or since Iin that car with 160k

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
The brown goo and snot is the #1 reached-for oil brand name in the USA.
Additives that hang-out, are better than brands that haven't enough to exceed. Clean bottoms are for the meeter-lovers.

Mobile 1?

Originally Posted by 4WD
Walmart's here ran a clearance of PP Euro and I have run out of that. They only sell PP vanilla .

Just got the last five quarts PP Euro they had at AZ clearance …
It's 0w40 and I'll use in the Cruze … now at 128k

I just bought some 50% PP Vanilla and 50% P Chocolate (Gold). If it contained any Ultra (strawberry), it would be called Pennzoil Neapolitan.
The Ultra is Premium oil for the money. Castrol Edge EP boasts more and Mobil-1 EP/AP boasts the mostest in that price range.

Last edited:
Additives that hang-out, are better than brands that haven't enough to exceed. Clean bottoms are for the meeter-lovers.

I just bought some 50% PP Vanilla and 50% P Chocolate (Gold). If it contained any Ultra (strawberry), it would be called Pennzoil Neapolitan.

Right.

Originally Posted by Mightymouse

Mobile 1?

Mobile 1?

Never heard of it.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Stop saying "brown streaks", it gives me the shivers! ...‚

Time for the OT, bad joke for a Friday laugh. About 6 years ago, I took my son to a place called Entertrainment Junction just north of Cincy. He was into Thomas the Train something fierce at that time. After we had walked through and looked at roughly 65,000 square feet of model trains, the footpath dumps you into the souvenir shop (no shock there). After running around and grabbing everything and me saying "You don't need that" maybe 40 times, he stops, looks up at me and says,

"Dad! Do you think they have any railroad underwear?" Without thinking, I replied, "No, because nobody would buy them... they've already got tracks in them!"

My wife was not amused, my son didn't get it at all, and I was laughing hysterically at my joke while several other nearby families looked confused at my enjoyment.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Stop saying "brown streaks", it gives me the shivers! ...‚

Time for the OT, bad joke for a Friday laugh. About 6 years ago, I took my son to a place called Entertrainment Junction just north of Cincy. He was into Thomas the Train something fierce at that time. After we had walked through and looked at roughly 65,000 square feet of model trains, the footpath dumps you into the souvenir shop (no shock there). After running around and grabbing everything and me saying "You don't need that" maybe 40 times, he stops, looks up at me and says,

"Dad! Do you think they have any railroad underwear?" Without thinking, I replied, "No, because nobody would buy them... they've already got tracks in them!"

My wife was not amused, my son didn't get it at all, and I was laughing hysterically at my joke while several other nearby families looked confused at my enjoyment.
lol.gif

That's funny!...‚...‚...‚

Originally Posted by RazorsEdge
Originally Posted by holder
Does the highest quality base oils have issues with fall out?

I've never seen "fall out" in any of the oils I've personally used.

I've used : Havoline, Kendall, Amsoil, Mobil 1,Royal Purple, Torco,and currently Schaeffers

I've used all of these as well and more and have never seen any fall out either. Funny being a few post back there was a post claiming they see this fallout in every oil they have used. Funny I can't seem to find one in 30 years of opening oil bottles.

There are more conspiracy theories on this forum than at a UFO convention.

PUP is their bottle with more stars. All of the companies use their dumbed-down rating system because consumers are not all oil experts. And people have to understand that there is more to an add pack that what comes out of the $15 UOA. PP is all a normal DD type of vehicle needs but hey.... there is nothing wrong with a company having an upscale product that has a little "extra" of the good stuff. It is called consumer choice.

And in terms of the certifications, most of the boutique oils are short on having all the certifications. Those things cost money and the people buying boutique products are the same ones who spend all their time at the UFO convention. They don't need facts to determine what they believe so why muddy the waters with them?

The add pack coming out of solution is no big deal either. Shake it up and pour it in. Just make sure your tin foil hat is in place before you uncap the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back