Help replacing the lock assembly

It's the rear emergency door in a 2011 F550 shuttle bus. The key used to open it but now won't even go in, can't be inserted. Something is jammed inside. I am soaking it in PB Blaster but it looks really jammed. The cover plate does move out of the way but the key won't go in, any key.
I want to get a similar assembly - possible to get something with a more secure key, something similar to Abus lock that's harder to pick?

KWE4Wlu.jpg

view from inside:

RK8PJz9.jpg

cAzlNKx.jpg

um1usNv.jpg

If it was mine, at this point I'd take a straight screwdriver and a hammer, and tap the dirt cover in. It looks to me, like it's sticking outward too much, keeping the key from going in.,,

If it was mine, at this point I'd take a straight screwdriver and a hammer, and tap the dirt cover in. It looks to me, like it's sticking outward too much, keeping the key from going in.,,

The dirt cover does flex, it's something underneath the dirt cover that's preventing the key from going in.

Mine has no deadbolt option. Might as well I upgrade it to the deadbolt version.
I was hoping to get the equivalent of the Abus lock, which are significantly more pick-resistant the plain jane locks.

Mine has no deadbolt option. Might as well I upgrade it to the deadbolt version.
I was hoping to get the equivalent of the Abus lock, which are significantly more pick-resistant the plain jane locks.
I wouldn't worry about picking attacks, jigglers etc. The door is probably a lot easier and quicker to force open with a prybar than bother with skilled attacks. If you really want to slap a higher grade lock on it, first reinforce the door. It's pointless to put a high grade lock on a weak door than can be opened without much effort with a common prybar. After that, weld a puck lock hasp like trade vans run around with then you can get whatever high security puck lock you like - Abloy, Mul-T-Lock, Medeco etc.

Back