help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering which of these two oils would be the least resistant to oil burnoff. I'm wanting to use 10w30 in the Citgo Ultralife or the Mystic hdeo. The car is a 98 mazda 626 2.0 with 226,000 on the clock but she still runs great. I think the car was specked for sh oil so I don't think the 1.4 ash on the Mystic would be a problem. However I really like the flash point on the Ultralife(457) though.

Any in put would be appreciated my fellow bitogers.
smile.gif

http://www.docs.citgo.com/msds_pi/785431.pdf

http://www.docs.citgo.com/msds_pi/591239.pdf

Based on the links you provided and looking at the data, I would pick the Citgo Ultralife. I don't think anyone will really know which oil will be more resistant to "burnoff". You may want to try other formulas that are available for high mileage engines as well and see which performs better. Check some of the UOA's and decide.

FWIW: the Cst of 11.9 at 100 degrees C vs 11.0 is why I picked the Ultralife. I think the higher viscosity at operating temp may slow down some of the consumption you are trying to avoid.

I personally would'nt give my money to Citgo. I'm more loyal to my country than I am to my oil. There are plenty of other brands to choose from that won't be benefiting Yugo Chavez and Venezuela...

Quote:

I personally would'nt give my money to Citgo. I'm more loyal to my country than I am to my oil. There are plenty of other brands to choose from that won't be benefiting Yugo Chavez and Venezuela...

I wouldn't buy his gas but what harm is there in buying $50 worth of oil per year?

OK. We need to look for a high mileage oil from another major petroleum company like Exxon/Mobil, Chevron/Havoline, Shell, Connoco/Phillips, British Petroleum etc.

Havoline (old stuff) has a high flashpoint and shouldn't boil off, otherwise, it's syn-time. Good time to grab Havoline, too assuming you can find it. Discontinued, rumors have it they're giving it away at AA, and AZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back