help picking new oil filter? 03 tundra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Always Ran Castrol edge till titanium came with Toyota OEM oil filter. in early 2012 I switched to PureOne. this last oil change I used a Standard Wix filter. IMO IT Felt like my truck did not like it,same feeling I Got when I ran Royal Purple I may sound crazy but you everybody knows what there trucks like. So my question to you guy's Should I just stick with PureOne? What is yall take on a Good Oil Filter? Please don't List oil filters that go 10 or 15K I change mine every 6k it would be a waste of that type of filter. thanks guys!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Maximus1966
Nothing wrong with Pure One's! My '06 4.7L is well over 100K with them changed every 5K.

Im Pushing 200K
smile.gif
I like it but now Im getting to the point where I want the best Filtration Possible.

I spent about an hour last week looking at filtration specs for my own 4.7. Basically PureOnes were at the top of the list but not reco'd for more than 10k. If you want long drains, amsoil or m1. For the price per performance, PureOnes looked to be the best value. Spend some time in the oil filter and come to your own conclusion.

Every 6k? I'd go to my local parts store or walmart, look up my vehicle in the book and select the cheapest one. For me thats purolator.

You want the ADBV to be at the top since the filter is mounted upside down with the opening at the bottom.

Originally Posted By: 229
You want the ADBV to be at the top since the filter is mounted upside down with the opening at the bottom.

Never have I seen a 4.7L Tundra engine with the filter upside down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back