Help pick this oil change

I’m servicing my Cfmoto sxs today and I have two oil choices. I have Valvoline Atv/utv 10w40 and Maxima racing premium 4stroke 10w40. Both are motorcycle oil with a jaso ma2 rating for my 800cc with a wet clutch. Which would you pick? image.jpgimage.jpg

I used the Valvoline Atv/Utv. I picked it because the oil was in quarts and the machine takes 3 of them. If I used the Maxima I would have had to measure it out of the jug and clean something else. First time using it in this machine but it meets the specs and I’m a Valvoline fan so I’m cool with it.

I used the Valvoline Atv/Utv. I picked it because the oil was in quarts and the machine takes 3 of them. If I used the Maxima I would have had to measure it out of the jug and clean something else. First time using it in this machine but it meets the specs and I’m a Valvoline fan so I’m cool with it.
Scratch that. Valvoline in at 25.5 hours and out at 28 hours. Wet clutch slipped for the first time ever trail riding. MAxima back in and fells normal again on my hour ride tonight.

Scratch that. Valvoline in at 25.5 hours and out at 28 hours. Wet clutch slipped for the first time ever trail riding. MAxima back in and fells normal again on my hour ride tonight.
That's interesting.
I have used the conventional Valvoline motorcycle oil and am currently using the synthetic Valvoline motorcycle oil in my ST1300 (120hp). No problems with clutch slippage.

Glad an oil change to a different brand helped your problem.

Back