Help pick a winner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it down to two options for my 2012 Nissan Pathfinder in the stock size of 245/75/16 its between the Bridgestone Revo A/T or the Cooper Discover A/T-3 the price difference with rebates on both are within a few $ of each other so the price is a wash. The Cooper does give you a larger load capacity 111S VS. the B-Stone being 109S the stock tires that came with my truck are rated for 109S. Does anyone have any thought as to what tire would be better in the snow? The dealer is pushing the Cooper he says although the B-stone Revo is a great tire it is getting rather old in the line and is ready for an update where as the Cooper is a more current tire?

I like the Cooper here. It's a newer tire with a newer design. It just came out last year I believe. I agree with your tire dealer.

The Revo 2 came out in August of 2009, almost exactly five years ago. It is the second generation tire in the Revo line, but even it is half of a decade aged by now.

The Discoverer A/T3 came out in, I believe, the summer of 2012. I said "last year" in my earlier post, but I believe it was actually two years ago now.

The original Revos were great tires, I'd recommend them if they were still available (having owned 2 sets in different sizes).

However, I've read that the Revo2s aren't as good as the originals. I currently run Cooper Discoverer A/T3s and I am very happy with them. They are probably not as good as the original Revos I had - but close.

I have decided to go with the Cooper A/T 3 from the reviews here and also talking to several truck owners that use them they seem like a great A/T tire.

the coopers are good but not miracle tires.

not good in mud(what is?) or ice/packed snow.

not terrible either.

above average in most other conditions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back