HELP. Now using Amsoil 0w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys. I need serious help. I have an oil problem. The dealer in Indiana that I used to get my Amsoil from , was a Napa store, I stoped in there and he said he was haveing a hard time getting rid of the Amsoil and 5 qts of Red Line 75w90 gear oil.

So what do you think I did? He sold me some Amsoil 2000 0w30, the 35,000 mile oil for $3.75 a qt. I bought a new K&N oil filter and away I go, This was 2 days ago. I have to say, this oil has had NO problems with starting or noise in these cold Mi winters. Only been in the teens, but hey how could I pass up this deal?

Now, should I buy the Red Line gear oil? He said around $4.50 for this. I always heard this was great gear oil.

GUys I know it has only been a couple days. But does anyone else have the Amsoil 0w30 in their vehicle? Great oil!
grin.gif

I'd say if the NAPA store is willing to take such a loss on Amsoil and Redline products, you should buy the entire stock.

What do you need help on? For sure, don't go 35K first interval.

I'm running Amsoil 0w-30 in my F-150. I agree, I would have bought all he had on the shelf at that price. Not many understand what a 0W is so they just don't trust it. They are not convinced that a syn 0w-30 can have shear stability.

I did the same with Mobil 1 0w-30. There was a local auto store closing its doors. When the discount hit 30% the only syn left was 0w-30. I drove from store to store buying all they had left, and I paid a few cents more than you did.

Redline gear oil normaly sells for $7.95-$9 a quart. THe oil is normaly about $6-$8 a quart. Amsoil S2K is about the same price as Redline. If you can afford it it buy it all!

If not then get enough to do your vechile at least once. At these prices I would not worry about what brand you get as both company makes great products!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back