Help me hook up my stereo.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i moved i disconnected all my components and I'm now adding an equalizer.The stereo has phono in,cd in,(tape has rec and play),video in only.They all have L and R.The cd player has Line in L and R,and line out L and R,and tape in and out L and R each also.The front of the eq has a button for Tape eq-rec or play,and another button for monitor-tape or source.the eq is an ADC SS-100L,The receiver is a Kenwood KR-A3060.Cd player is a Denon DCD-690.I can try posting pics to Photobucket if need be.Thanks once again!!!

I will take a stab at this.

If you mainly listen to CD's you can run the CD line out into the input of the EQ and then the output or "tape out" of the eq into the CD input of the receiver. This way the eq will work but on cd's only.

OT: Funny. Nothing has changed in 50 years of stereo development regarding this. I look at my parents AV setup with a DVR, Bose Home Theater and LCD TV and it is the same mess, except in the video realm.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
OT: Funny. Nothing has changed in 50 years of stereo development regarding this. I look at my parents AV setup with a DVR, Bose Home Theater and LCD TV and it is the same mess, except in the video realm.
I've read in some sites where some stereos don't have outputs for line in/out or some other provision for auxillary components,SOMETHING like that,not 100% sure.

1. Does your stereo have a "Tape monitor?" 2. What will you be using most, (CD's, movies, tapes, etc)?

Originally Posted By: Eosyn
1. Does your stereo have a "Tape monitor?" 2. What will you be using most, (CD's, movies, tapes, etc)?
80% radio,20% cd's.

Originally Posted By: mva
I will take a stab at this.

If you mainly listen to CD's you can run the CD line out into the input of the EQ and then the output or "tape out" of the eq into the CD input of the receiver. This way the eq will work but on cd's only.
What about to radio?

Okay, if your receiver has a "Tape Monitor", hook the EQ up to it and the rest goes to whatever it says it is. ie, CD to CD input/output, video to video input/output, etc.

That way, you can enjoy the radio or CD or whatever and all you have to do is turn on the "Tape Monitor" on your receiver to activate the EQ. If you want to listen to it w/o the EQ, then just switch your "Tape Monitor" off.

That's how I hooked up my Sony receiver, but that piece of equipment is almost 20 yrs. old with only Dolby Pro-Logic.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back