Help me choose an oil for the ARX rinse phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 1,700 miles with ARX in my 2.8 V6 Audi engine I'm anxious to begin the ominous rinse phase. The oil currently in use is M1 5W-40, which according to Terry, is fine for the cleaning phase.

Please help me choose the perfect oil for the rinse phase. I want to use an XW-40 oil with an HTHS of preferably =/>3.9. I was thinking of using Delo 400 15W-40. Please suggest some other oils. My knowledge of mineral oil is not up to snuff!

Delvac 1300S is the only 15w-40 that does not bog down my engine. You might not even notice much difference between it and the synths, pretty **** smooth. Delo is good too, I blend it thinner though. I'd actually like to hear what you think of the Delvac 1300S.

BTW- I do a quickie rinse with the old filter first, so I can take the real rinse out to normal oci, 5000mi. Supertech 10w-40 in Mori's car, lol.
tongue.gif

I would think that Rotella® T 15W-40 and PENNZOIL® LONG-LIFE® 15W-40 would also meet your requirements.

I looked around at some local places. I can pretty much find only Rotella T 15W-40 or Delo 400. Which one would be preferable for the RX rinse phase? The Rotella isn't by any chance a Group III oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back