Help me choose a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a HP Compaq d530 SFF (Small Form Factor) that was a runout special built for Defence but they didn't buy them. Built like a tank/Rolls Royce, 3yr in home repair. Just added a DVD+/-RW and another 512MB RAM and it's bullet proof. And speaking of Dell here's a good one. All deliveries to Defence have to be pre asseted with Defence supplied asset labels that will not come off period and very specific where they are to be placed. Dell delivered 50 palets of monitors. Dell outsourced the assetting. Guess where he asset labels were placed??

THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW,
The company I worked for had an exclusive contract with Compaq for PC's. We finally broke the contract, and went to Dell, reducing the service call rate for hardware issues by 60%. COMPAQ means Cr#ppy Machine Puked and Quit.
Dell means Dem Electronics Live Long.
But, I agree with the above statements... If you can get a computer built to your specs, with parts you specify, and a fresh load of your operating system of choice (I like XP, love Win 2000 Pro, and have played with nearly every flavor of open source- I like the current Solaris for X86 and Knoppix) you are better off than an assembled system from Dell, Gateway, or Compaq/HP.

Yeah. Pretty small in comparison.
Apple sent you a new one with a pre-paid return box.
Dell (from what I read) is asking customers to send them back to Dell.

In the defense of Dell and Apple, they don't make the ****** made in Taiwan batteries.
I think Apple handled it better though.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back