Help me choose a fluid. Volkswagon VR6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to figure out what gear lube to run. I drive a 1997 GTI VR6 with a Quaife limited slip. Requires a GL4 and something like 75w90.

Ive ran redline for a few, and it worked great until longer driver "1hr +" where it would want to grind 2nd if i dint double clutch.

I swaped that out for some GM syncromesh friction modified and now it wants to grind 2nd all the time. Should i of not got the friction modified?

Any recommendation's on what fluid to try next? Some have seemed to have good luck with just normal non-synthetic gear lube. What non-sythen 75w90 gl4 could you recommend?

Ive been considering
Amsoil
royal purple
bg-syncroshift
driving.gif

According to the Amsoil online guide, your car requires 75w-90 wt fluid. Syncromesh fluids are too thin for your application. I would drain it out as soon as possible.

I would contact a sight sponsor and get the Amsoil GL-4 fluid. Gets great reviews here.

I have a liter of VW GL4 gear oil sitting in my garage, as well as a fuel filter and 2 oil filters both Mann filters. I don't have the car anymore. If interested PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back