Help identify this dog breed!

Originally Posted by billt460
Judging by the sitting photo, he has some Golden in him. This was mine some years back. I still miss him.

[Linked Image]

Gorgeous Golden. I grew up with a lab/shepherd mix. Passed in '87. They do stick with you.

Originally Posted by dave1251
It's a Mutt this means he is a great dog.

100%...and healthy.

When I got Bonnie Jean Mirlu, she came home, and Curly Bill (wife's cat) slashed her across the eye...we took her to the vet (Chlorosig, exactly the same as for people), and he suggested a 50:50 chance that she'd be left with a milky streak on the cornea, which would cost us points when we show her.

I laughed that there weren't shows for Mutts, and he stated that he thought she was a jusky...nope, first hybrid husky/samoyed...he reckoned that was a $10k saving in vet bills over being either of those breeds, more so with the husky side.

She was a great, healthy dog...only issue ever was a broken leg, but she healed well...her body outlived her marbles unfortunately. watching her guide our old elkhound out to the toile on a cold night (she'd walk slowly er t shoulder with her) was impressive.

Good eye! Finally had a DNA test done and he came up 50% Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, 25% Border Collie, 12.5% Australian Cattle Dog, and the rest various breeds that weren't identified.

Back