Help how to get to fuel pump 2000 mercury voyager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the guide to the 1999 and 2001 model. Sometimes manufacturers make small changes to the vehicle during a production run, and they don't always tell you if they did it.

I'm helping neighbor out. Had bad lean serge would not rev out. Vacuumed good cat not clogged. Changed fuel filter nasty original. Think fuel sock is nasty clogged. When fuel filter changed ran better but still has symptoms.

You need to drop the tank but if you can lower the tank just enough to see where the pump unit is located you can probably cut an access panel with tin snips.
Cover it with a piece of sheet metal using silicone as a sealer and securing it with short sheet metal screws.

I'd like to put one on rail an set it on windshield and drive it but don't have gauge for that. Gonna stop for the night neighbor is gonna hose under carage.

Originally Posted By: Trav
You need to drop the tank but if you can lower the tank just enough to see where the pump unit is located you can probably cut an access panel with tin snips.
Cover it with a piece of sheet metal using silicone as a sealer and securing it with short sheet metal screws.

+1. Did this on an 88 Plymouth minivan years ago. The idea of dropping the tank looked to be a major league PITA so I pulled the seats out, pulled carpet back and after carefully measuring, cut a panel in the floor with an angle grinder. Made the job a ton easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back