Help Guys, What Oil Choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys
I just want to say I love this web site, there is a lot of great information provided by members of this site regarding motor oil. As I stated before I use Castrol GTX 5w30 cold weather, Castrol GTX 10w30 warm weather in my 1995 Nissan Hardbody 4x4 V6 with 72000 miles on it. I change the oil every 3 months or 3000 miles with out fail. I'm torn between Castrol GTX, Chevron Supreme, and Pennzoil. What oil is really the best choice?
Thanks for your feedback
grin.gif

Since you do frequent and consistant oil changes, I'm not sure switching to a different oil will help at all. I use GTX 10w-30 in my SHO pretty much year round and change it @ 2500 miles. GTX apparantly shows good analysis with short drain intervals like yours.

Virtuoso
Point well taken. I failed to mention I have read opinions on this site Castrol GTX shows good wear numbers, but doesn't flow as quickly as some other dino oils in cold temps.
Thanks for your reply

I doubt you can go wrong with any of those choices. I would lean towards the Chevron because its one of the best values on the market for a high quality, group II+ oil.

Since you are already using the GTX-I would just stick with it. It has given pretty good results on the UOA boards. The 10W probably will hold up better than the 5W-but since you change frequently it really doesn't matter much-probably (as was mentioned)
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back