Help finding Filter alternative for M1-209?

Status
Not open for further replies.
also the mann filters that are in the white colour can are they lower quality than the black coloured cans?

Originally Posted By: slybunda
... although it only has from the pics 5 intake holes, the M1-209 has 6 holes so dunno if thats going to cause a restriction..

No worries on the 5 vs 6 holes ... neither is going to cause any major flow restriction.

Originally Posted By: slybunda
More holes is better though?

To a point. The holes in the base, or the holes in the center tube have never been proven to be "too restrictive". Probably 90% of the flow restrictiveness of an oil filter is from the media itself (total area, and the restriction per square inch of media factor).

Someone has a set of 4 Mahle OC479's for $20 on eBay. go here

That Mahle site is strange though and doesn't have too many companies to interchange with.

I put in the PH3600 and got a filter that doesn't exist.

But when I entered Wix's 51516 I got the OC479... and then an interchange list that includes the PH3600
crazy2.gif

hmm the oc479 has bypass pressure of 1.2 bar, the stock filter mahle do for my engine is 1.0 bar and the filter is a lot smaller.
im not sure what the original toyota filter bypass setting is.

is going from 1 to 1.2 bar dangerous?

found this as the official mann filter for my car, a W610/9

http://catalog.mann-filter.com/EU/eng/catalog/MANN-FILTER%20Katalog%20Europa/Oil%20Filter/W%20610~9

how would i go about fining an oversize for that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back