Help: Bought 30 quarts of European Formula Castrol Edge for 2007 Land Cruiser 2UZFE

I accidentally purchased 30 quarts of Castrol 5W30 Edge Euro Formula during a Walmart sale and am outside the return window. Wondering if this is G2G in a 2007 Land Cruiser with V8 2UZFE.

Bottle it meets API SL specification but I cannot find era-equivalent API oil specs in Toyota manual.

It will be fine. My old Tundra had a 2UZ and the manual had SL rating. The oil you purchased is probably better for that vehicle than regular Edge 5w-30. Use it and worry about something else.

That’s also ACEA A3/B4 and has VW 502 00 and BMW Longlife-01 approvals which are more significant than the API license. What are you worried about exactly?
I’ve run Mobil 1 for 150k and am changing it up. Didn’t see Euro formula until I poured it in today.

Manual says ILSAC MultiGrade Engine Oil to meet or exceed 5W30 or TGMO.

Last edited:
I accidentally purchased 30 quarts of Castrol 5W30 Edge Euro Formula during a Walmart sale and am outside the return window. Wondering if this is G2G in a 2007 Land Cruiser with V8 2UZFE.

Bottle it meets API SL specification but I cannot find era-equivalent API oil specs in Toyota manual.
I will be happy to use it in my truck for test purposes only.

2uz will run it just fine... along with many grades and types of hdeo, motorcycle oil, euro oil, API swill,.....
Mine also ran the PH8a-sized oil filters, the Ph3614 OE sized filters, and the little bigger PH3600 sized filter... all that can be xreferenced to any brand. And, with the 3/4-16 to 1-16 adapter, you can even fit a 6.7 Powerstroke filter, if there is room.

As long as oil level is kept full, it could run forever with normal maintenance.

No 'revision' requirement.. but API GF-4 SL ran from 2004-2010.

Most didn't know that it was the 4.7 and not 5.7:

Back