Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: paulri
Originally Posted By: dishdude
My Maserati does 185.

I lost my license now I don't drive.

but...Life's been good to me so far....

Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic
Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
I may be out of my gourd, but here goes since I don't have a Hellcat. I paused the video right around where it says 198... but it looks like the tach is at around 1500, and the speedo around 30 (circled in blue)... otherwise, where are the tach and speedo needles?

I've piloted a few vehicles (off public roads of course) at speeds greater than 150, and it sure wasn't a one-handed affair where you could run a camera and/or point at the speedo- sht happens REAL fast at those velocities!

He seems to have a low tire and a CEL also.

It's an FCA, what do you expect?

There are better pictures on the web and the 198 shown on the dash is the max speed achieved, not current.

Jalopnik

In Ontario if you are caught at 50km/hr from the posted speed limit (So on the highway 150km/hr) they automatically seize your vehicle, up to a $10,000 fine and you loose your license for a period of time.

It has happened numerous times since this law has come into effect here, so I keep it at 140km/hr maximum for a buffer.
grin2.gif

MPH Conversion:

31.06 MPH = 50KPH
93.21 MPH = 150KPH
86.99 MPH = 140 KPH

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Oildudeny
may they throw the book at this reckless and worthless POS. endangering the lives of other motorist.

+1

What an idiot. That's what the track is for. I don't feel bad for this guy.

What really angers me about this moron is that he provides ammo to the hand-wringing bed wetters and Safety Nazis who would like nothing better than to slap sub-100 mph speed governors on everything.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
What really angers me about this moron is that he provides ammo to the hand-wringing bed wetters and Safety Nazis who would like nothing better than to slap sub-100 mph speed governors on everything.

+1 again.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

+1 again.

And another +1.

Not much traction on that at all of sub 100 mph. At some upper limit instead excessive fines and/or temporary or full impound seems like a more practical method.

I hate the nanny state, but have almost no problem with ridiculous fines for wreckless driving. Would especially like to see cops enforce the tailgaters and ridiculous reckless lane switchers that cause the majority of wrecks that I see on a weekly basis. The problem is that 90% of drivers are awful and that represents a huge voting block, so it would be stopped quickly.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Amateur.

The first thing about top speed runs, is that you don't talk about top speed runs. At least not with incriminating evidence broadcast to the world.

For sure.

When you have a vehicle that you do rather extreme things with, you really need to keep documentation of said vehicle to an absolute minimum. Achieving amazing feats with a motor vehicle tends to make one want to share these achievements with other car guys, but the reality is, the vehicles need to stay anonymous as it comes.

Not that I would know anything about that.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
When you have a vehicle that you do rather extreme things with, you really need to keep documentation of said vehicle to an absolute minimum. Achieving amazing feats with a motor vehicle tends to make one want to share these achievements with other car guys, but the reality is, the vehicles need to stay anonymous as it comes.

Not that I would know anything about that.

I think there's some saying that says just because you can doesn't mean you should. And that goes for both making a video of it and going that fast.

Originally Posted By: Olas
The phrase "no harm, no foul" comes to mind.

If no harm or damage or loss was caused then he didn't do anything wrong..

Interesting. I've used that term a few times myself, but never for a moron that was clearly a hazard to himself and others, and blatantly breaking the law.

There's nothing wrong with a little spirited driving once in a while (in the right place, at the right time, like on a back road, or other area where there's little to no traffic) if you have a fast vehicle, but there's no excuse for this...dude should have his license revoked...

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
got a job and 99 bucks? if you do not have horrible credit you can drive most anything you want. Can you afford it is the real question.

That'll get you a used Kia. A $65k Hellcat? No.
Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
[censored], that is one dumb looking mofo. Wonder what he does for a living to buy a hellcat at 22.

FCA loves the subprime loans:
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/busine...hine/103815928/
https://jalopnik.com/this-dealership-is-actually-offering-a-bad-credit-score-1796510782

You can lease one for $519/mo.
https://dsrleasing.com/car-listings/2018-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-rwd-lease-779-mo/

If you have nearly any job, live with Mom and Dad it should be easily do-able especially if you don't care about your credit.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Olas
The phrase "no harm, no foul" comes to mind.

If no harm or damage or loss was caused then he didn't do anything wrong..

Interesting. I've used that term a few times myself, but never for a moron that was clearly a hazard to himself and others, and blatantly breaking the law.
Right on demar. I would add to your statement but I don't want to be banned. Those vehicles are purchased by individuals who want to get out on the Interstate and try to run from Wyoming to Iowa at 140MPH. No one has made it yet.They have airplanes and helicopters dudes.

Here's a guy on here doing 151 mph.

Originally Posted By: Gasbuggy
Here is a little video I made on a closed course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back