Hellcat driver arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: Olas
The phrase "no harm, no foul" comes to mind.

If no harm or damage or loss was caused then he didn't do anything wrong..

Interesting. I've used that term a few times myself, but never for a moron that was clearly a hazard to himself and others, and blatantly breaking the law.
Right on demar. I would add to your statement but I don't want to be banned. Those vehicles are purchased by individuals who want to get out on the Interstate and try to run from Wyoming to Iowa at 140MPH. No one has made it yet.They have airplanes and helicopters dudes.

Yea, I kept it to the PG13 version myself. I dealt with a moron like the Hellcat driver the other night, racing on Sunrise Hwy cutting in and out. After he cut me off my buddy and I had more than a few choice words for the driver. Unfortunately only my buddy and I heard them. If thoughts and wishes are a sin I will rot in [censored] for an eternity and then some for what was racing through my mind.

Originally Posted By: grampi
There's nothing wrong with a little spirited driving once in a while (in the right place, at the right time, like on a back road, or other area where there's little to no traffic) if you have a fast vehicle, but there's no excuse for this...dude should have his license revoked...

I agree. but it brings up the question. What is the threshold of spirited vs outright dangerous? 90mph? 110mph?

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I agree. but it brings up the question. What is the threshold of spirited vs outright dangerous? 90mph? 110mph?

I think that would depend on the driver, the car, the road, and the prevailing conditions.

I have done 90mph before with the flow of traffic.

I've also done much more than that alone.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
There's nothing wrong with a little spirited driving once in a while (in the right place, at the right time, like on a back road, or other area where there's little to no traffic) if you have a fast vehicle, but there's no excuse for this...dude should have his license revoked...

Obviously 198 is ridiculous, but I'm talking about running the car up to redline in the first two or three gears once in a while just to get that sporty feel. I don't think there's anything wrong with that if it's not done in heavy traffic, or within the city limits where pedestrians could be crossing the street, etc...even doing a little spirited driving on desolate back roads once in a while isn't a big deal...

...even doing a little spirited driving on desolate back roads once in a while isn't a big deal...
Explain that to the relatives of the family in the mini-van you just wiped out.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
...even doing a little spirited driving on desolate back roads once in a while isn't a big deal...
Explain that to the relatives of the family in the mini-van you just wiped out.

I guess someone should explain to you what the word "desolate" means...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back