Hellcat driver arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broadcasting your stupidity usually ends up badly. His insurance will likely be dropped as well as it should be.

Anything you say or do can be used against you in a court of law... if the video was identifiable as him/his vehicle, his publishing the video was essentially signing his own arrest warrant. For a large majority of people, social media/youtube/etc just empowers their stupidity from the "Hey look at me!" syndrome.

Wow, dumb.

To some extent the massive amounts of power in these vehicles is dumb in and of itself. The average buyer isn’t necessarily going to buy track time, and it’s way too easy to go way too fast.

I may be out of my gourd, but here goes since I don't have a Hellcat. I paused the video right around where it says 198... but it looks like the tach is at around 1500, and the speedo around 30 (circled in blue)... otherwise, where are the tach and speedo needles?

I've piloted a few vehicles (off public roads of course) at speeds greater than 150, and it sure wasn't a one-handed affair where you could run a camera and/or point at the speedo- sht happens REAL fast at those velocities!

Originally Posted By: Cujet
My airplane only goes 170MPH. That's quite impressive.

My Maserati does 185.

Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
I may be out of my gourd, but here goes since I don't have a Hellcat. I paused the video right around where it says 198... but it looks like the tach is at around 1500, and the speedo around 30 (circled in blue)... otherwise, where are the tach and speedo needles?

There are built in racing timers, one is top speed and that's what was being displayed.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
My Maserati does 185.

I lost my license now I don't drive.

My Maserati does 185.

Pfft, my 30 year old e30 BMW does 228 from the factory

There are built in racing timers, one is top speed and that's what was being displayed.
Another words, we don't know who achieved that top speed.

[censored], that is one dumb looking mofo. Wonder what he does for a living to buy a hellcat at 22.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Or where it was done. Could even have been done on a dyno or with the wheels in the air.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy

My Maserati does 185.

Pfft, my 30 year old e30 BMW does 228 from the factory

That's from the song hence the follow up, now I don't drive.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Or where it was done. Could even have been done on a dyno or with the wheels in the air.

A good attorney can easily get this tossed. He somehow managed to at least get a Hellcat leased or financed, can he afford a good attorney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back