Heet

A while back a store that was going out of business had a bunch of the red on clearance. That was a good way to pick up isopropyl alcohol for other purposes.

A while back a store that was going out of business had a bunch of the red on clearance. That was a good way to pick up isopropyl alcohol for other purposes.
There’s additional additives other than ipa?

You don't need to use dry-gas since the advent of E10

isopropanol C3H7OH

ethanol is C2H5OH (used in gasoline fuel mixes)

methanol is CH3OH

See a trend?

"The solubility of an alcohol in water is a competition between two parts of the molecule: the polar OH group and the nonpolar hydrocarbon portion.

The molecule must push the water molecules apart to form a solution, breaking the hydrogen bonds in the water molecules in the process.

The energy required to break the hydrogen bonds in water is compensated by the energy that is released when water forms hydrogen bonds to the alcohol OH group.

But the alkyl portion of the molecule must separate the water molecules, with no compensating release of energy.

In isopropyl alcohol, more energy is released by forming hydrogen bonds at the OH "head" than is required to break them by the alkyl "tail".

So, isopropyl alcohol is soluble in water in all proportions." ( https://socratic.org/questions/why-is-isopropyl-alcohol-soluble-in-water )

Heet and like products are actually a mix of a 2.3 cSt oil and isopropyl alcohol with the isopropyl alcohol being the dominant component.

Last edited:
The sum of the 3 Hydrogen atoms is 15 !!! A blend would be E15? [I am sorry Master Mola, I couldn't help the sarcastic response .]

My boss needed some Isopropal alcohol for a project. We bought Heet in both colors. His project did not work. There is another ingrediant in heat.

My boss needed some Isopropal alcohol for a project. We bought Heet in both colors. His project did not work. There is another ingrediant in heat.
The red bottle seems to also have a mild solvent for cleaning injectors.

What if you use E0? My climate, unfortunately, does not get very cold or for very long, but it is damp. I wonder if a gas drying product once a season would be a help for a tank with E0.

What if you use E0? My climate, unfortunately, does not get very cold or for very long, but it is damp. I wonder if a gas drying product once a season would be a help for a tank with E0.
Then you probably should keep some dry gas around. You lucky duck. :cool:

Then you probably should keep some dry gas around. You lucky duck. :cool:
There is one independent station in the middle of the city that I've been using since April. Their 87 (the only grade they have) is about .30 more per gallon than Exxon or Shell. But I fondly tell myself it's better for the car, and that I'm helping keep a local business afloat. (He's doing very well -- it's a real service station, and the two bays are always full.)

Back