Hearing protection

I have had total deafness in my left ear since childhood from a non malignant tumor that destroyed my inner ear.

No vertigo issues...... Yet. I'm down to about 50 percent hearing in my right ear. Probably from over 50 years of shooting. Plus working in a noisy machine shop all my life.

Along with severe tinnitus. I'm ready for a hearing aid, but I have heard a lot of negatives about them not working well with people with tinnitus. So we'll see.

It happens slowly and you don't notice it. And it gets worse as you age regardless if you're around noise or not when you get older.

True but you can still damage your reduced hearing by not using good protection.

And ear buds or Ipods or whatever are not hearing protection. Or minimal protection at best.

I have pallets full of foam plugs if someone needs
20220706_093553.jpg

Lawn mower muffs I'd get one with a built-in radio. Or one that doesn't lose much protection if running earbuds under them. I need to hear my news and politics when mowing the lawn.
Here is a screen shot of models to choose from on Amazon. 3M makes good units. You can go with AM/FM or go with a Bluetooth version and send tunes or Podcasts from your Smart Phone using Bluetooth. You can also get the same features with electronic noise cancellation and also as a headset. With the headset you can have telephone conversations without removing the muffs. Enjoy.

A3A8F481-531E-4DAE-B7E5-9FD1BD26B4BD.png

Back