Health Numbers

We always look at Noack,TBN and Moly numbers and it's what we use to determine how satisfactory something ran or performs so it got me thinking 🤔...maybe I should run a test!!
116/72 and 55 pulse
Went from 280lbs to 240lbs, haven't had a cigarette 🚬 in over 60 days and even before I quit I was still going days to a week without one. I drink about a four pack of Guinness Draught once a week and take a USP certified vitamins regimen daily. Beta blocker also PO QD 100mg

I'm happy to say a lot of this turn around was help from this forum after my childhood friend died of coronavirus. I live everyday with optimism and the understanding that we have to live for the moment and not worry about what could happen. Thanks to all and I count my blessings ☦️
Getting in a healthy rhythm is a great feeling and I'm just thrilled with my BP results.
20201106_112815.jpg

Sorry for your friend. Never have paid much attention to my pulse or sugar level or anything really. From what I can tell it’s normal lol.

Its fun to watch your BP go down as your weight goes down. I actually drop to the low 100's (102 to 110) when I am at my BMI which says I should be 175 or less.
But sometimes, like anything I get a little out of control and bounce up as much as 15 pounds to 190, Ill then go up to around 115 to 125
Some years ago around 195 - 200 LBS I made a change as simple as one meal a day and no snacking, my weight dropped down to almost as low as when I was a 17 year old at 172
My BP is amazingly good too now. though this year not as good being I put on weight but now taking it off. I haven't had junk food in years, eat a ton of fruit and now 50% of my meals are fish and I used to hate fish. Anytime I slip up is solely because of snacking at night.
If I eat something really fatty now, it feels like lead in my stomach.

SO the BP was really cool to see instant results and then my blood work form the last few years is like wow. Family has a history of heart disease diabetes and so far I am beating it.

Good luck to you, truly!

Those are good numbers, congratulations! As you get older, it’s harder (and even more important) to keep those kinds of numbers.

I remember your post about your friend, and I am very sorry for your loss. I’m glad something positive has come out of it.

Your vitals look perfect brother! Last time I checked my bp is was like 123/80 maybe?

What multivitamin are you taking? What exactly is a beta blockers that something you buy over the counter?

That's a turnaround to be proud of. Keep at it. These 🚬 may just be one of the worst things you can do to the human body. A doctor named Marc Straus founded a contemporary art center in in the city I work in. He became one of our police surgeons. He was a pioneer in cancer treatment. He spoke to us often about health and the key in every conversation was how destructive cigarettes are and just how difficult they are to quit long term. Give yourself some serious credit for quitting.

Nothing wrong with some "mother's milk" ;)

Last edited:
Just guessing I feel normal and everything so that’s why I say that. Considering I drink 2-3 sodas a day probably not the best it could be.
You're young so you're probably fine, but you should at least get some baseline numbers to know if you're getting better or worse. Too much soda/sugar can lead to diabetes. One of my tenants had to have his toes amputated as he didn't control his, he looked fine though, normal weight.

You're young so you're probably fine, but you should at least get some baseline numbers to know if you're getting better or worse. Too much soda/sugar can lead to diabetes. One of my tenants had to have his toes amputated as he didn't control his, he looked fine though, normal weight.
That’s good to know. I drink lots of tea and coffee too I’ve cut back a little bit used to drink about 3-4 a day.

1 out of 10 Americans have diabetes, 1 out of 3 Americans have pre-diabetes.
Its better to get a annual physical now and know your health because as you age diabetes just eats away at your organs without you knowing and the damage done could have been so avoided.

Back