heads up: vit D boosts testosteron levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/quote]Try B-12 (the vitamin, not the carb cleaner). [/quote]

That's hillarious and sooooo BITOG!!!!

I am waiting for some study to come out that will note some serious long term side effects of Vitamin D consumption, just like they've done for Vitamin C, Calcium, and a bunch of other supplements. It's just a matter of time, I tell ya...

You may be right-but there are also real health problems caused by a defficiency....we have to weigh the pros and cons. "everything in moderation...."

If vitamins were truly 'snake oil', then plants would not be needed, either.
A multi mineral pill is VERY beneficial, as well.
Vitamin C over rated? Why do most animals [not humans] make this in their own bodies?
Rickets and scurvy were once rather common. How did they get addressed and cured? And why is iodine added to table salt?

Of course a good diet is great, but at minimum, extra vitamins/minerals are great insurance. It is TOUGH to eat right - we don't know what is in the food products anymore. and that includes vegetables.

Originally Posted By: 9296D21B14
Zinc gluconate. 50 mg every am. More is not better! Thank me later.

That's been my daily regiment for the last 20 years!

My Dr put me on 5000 iu of Vitamin D based on my blood work.

Oct 2011: Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy 23.1 (32.0-100.0) **LOW**

After 6 months on this supplement.

Mar 2012: Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy 46.9 (32.0-100.0) Improved to normal range

The test I had indicates the 32.0-100.0 (I don't know the range) is considered normal.

FWIW.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
what heals you may kill me... everyone is different.

Simple blood testing can quickly tell you your Vitamin D levels

Exactly

Originally Posted By: 9296D21B14
Zinc gluconate. 50 mg every am. More is not better! Thank me later.

Sure, zink toxicity leads to copper deficiency, they compete for absorption.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I am waiting for some study to come out that will note some serious long term side effects of Vitamin D consumption, just like they've done for Vitamin C, Calcium, and a bunch of other supplements. It's just a matter of time, I tell ya...

Vit D toxicity issue is known:

Quote:

Published cases of toxicity, for which serum levels and dose are known, all involve intake of > 40000 IU (1000 mcg) per day. 1 Two different cases involved intake of over 2,000,000 IU per day - both men survived. 2 3

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/what-is-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-toxicity/

One word: moderation. 5,000 IU a day is harmless and at least 1,000 a day is needed to maintain good blood levels.
Physicians prescribe 50,000 a pill (once per week) or even 200,000 injections (once every several months).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back