Headlight restore w/ MOTHERS Mag + Aluminum Polish

Took these yesterday evening and look to be holding up well since application last Thursday .

IMG_8617.JPG
IMG_8618.JPG
IMG_8576.JPG

I have been using Mothers to polish headlamps for years. Easy to do; a little elbow grease goes a long way. Do it twice.
Make sure to apply the coating afterward.
Thanks- are the lenses cleaned by abrasives or the chemicals in this product?

I just use my hydrogen peroxide method, set and forget for 8 hours in the sun and everything comes right out.
I have used “Mothers” in the past followed up with an application of 303 to prolong the clarity and slow the fading……..
Curious as to the ”hydrogen peroxide” methods you speak of🤔

How about maintaining the polished headlamp by waxing it once a month? Wouldn't that afford as much protection as these UV protecting wipes?
Sort of, better results from using a sealant, same product category but uses the descriptive words "synthetic" or "polymers", and "polish" or "cleaner". Most people wouldn't need to do it as often as once a month, unless they often park with direct sun exposure a large part of the day.

I prefer this option instead of putting some spray or wipe on coating on, which then has to be stripped off later, once it degrades.

Like others have said, many products will work well. I've used toothpaste, PlastX, Ultimate Compound, 3M scratch remover, etc. Many items will get them clean and shiny. Keeping them that way is the trick.

I tried elbow grease and it just wasnt enough to get the job done. I finally got a set of foam polishing pads from Amazon for under $25 that fit a cheap old random orbital sander. I used some cutting compound I had around. Pretty satisfied with the results but might do a second pass.

Headlights are getting hazy again . Still better than previous pictures ( page 1 ) of the heavily clouded headlights . Plan redo by end of month and every few months after , weather permitting .

IMG_9354.JPG

Redo with same products . Cleaned with windex ( removes haze , dirt ,etc. ) and rinse off with water . Then 2 applications and removal of the M&A. followed by 1 coating and removal of wax . Plan to do every few months . Weather permitting .

IMG_9369.JPG
IMG_9490.JPG
IMG_9365.JPG
IMG_9491.JPG
IMG_9366.JPG
IMG_9492.JPG

Back