Headlight restore w/ MOTHERS Mag + Aluminum Polish

I have been using Mothers to polish headlamps for years. Easy to do; a little elbow grease goes a long way. Do it twice.
Make sure to apply the coating afterward.

Almost anything with some grit in it will work if they are not really bad.
Whitening tooth paste
Baking soda with 000 steel wool
Polishing compound
Used all 3 on moderately fogged head lights.

How about the condition of these ? Some are bugs . Need to be cleaned . 😊

IMG_8474.JPG
IMG_8475.JPG
IMG_8477.JPG
IMG_8476.JPG
😊

I just used this product on my headlights for the 1st time last week. The results were fantastic ! I have used the 3M kit and the Meguires kit....the results were equal with the mag and aluminum polish without all the sanding of the the kits. I did 2 rounds with the mothers polishing ball followed with a coat of Meguires NXT wax. Mirror finish ! I do have the Meguires UV spray protectant, but didnt have the time to mask/spray. That will be for another time. This is the BEST product I have used for headlight restoration to date. The 3M and Meguires kits produced great results....but very time consuming. You have to designate a afternoon for it. with the mothers mag and aluminum polish you are done in minutes.

Have TURTLE WAX Performance Plus wax . Use that to help with UV protection of the headlights ?

I've used it. Works great for the time and effort it takes, compared to many other methods. Effects don't last long, unless some kind of wax or coating has been applied afterwards. With wax - reapplication is needed every couple months. With ceramic coating - good for couple years, if applied correctly.

Watched this . The both headlights of the FIT are in same condition as the driver side in the video.

Looking better after 3 tries by hand with MOTHERS Mag & Aluminum followed by 2 applications of TURTLE WAX Performance Plus . 1st I cleaned headlights with water before applying the MOTHERS and cleaned again with water in between the 3 coats of Mag + Aluminum and the 2 applications Turtle Wax Performance Plus . Still has some haze and can be seen more when headlights are on . Next time I may use a cordless drill and buffer . Have cleaned them many times for the past 9 years . Found that window cleaner takes off the discoloring and then use water after. Not bad for $6 .

IMG_8476.JPG
IMG_8477.JPG
IMG_8561.JPG
IMG_8564.JPG
IMG_8563.JPG
IMG_8574.JPG
IMG_8570.JPG
IMG_8575.JPG
IMG_8569.JPG
IMG_8573.JPG

Last edited:
I just use my hydrogen peroxide method, set and forget for 8 hours in the sun and everything comes right out.

Drove home in the dark after shopping and the headlights were brighter and whiter making for better clarity . Also , could see the results of the headlights reflection on the back of larger vehicles in stop and go driving .

Back