Heading to Dayton OH in September

I've been there a few times and it is a lot to take in. XB-70 and B-36 are my favorites. They used to have a lot of planes outdoors, but have recently built another building and have the majority indoors.

Last edited:
went a few months ago... great place, still disappointed that they got passed over for a Shuttle. (they did get a trainer, but they should have gotten Atlantis...it was the one that did the AF Missions)
Just be careful of the merch you buy at the store...
not a quality or pricing issue...
I like Digicam hats in the summer, so i bought myself this hat...
usaf-camo-hat-006913_1.jpg

I get stopped at least one a week by someone wanting to thank me for my service.
I've never Served. (various family members have, even a cousin who was a steward on Air Force One for the Bush 41 administration)
I just bought a hat at the NMUSAF...and I have to explain that EVERY TIME.
The last thing i want someone to think is I'm trying to pull off some Stolen Valor BS.

I've Even Tried to make it more obvious with a Star Fleet insignia pin...
51oNtA+6WuL._AC_UL116_SR116,116_.jpg

goes over most folks heads

I'm just a Fan of the Air Force!

I Also bought myself this Fun Face mask there, and I can't believe how many people I've had to explain it to...
remove-before-flight-courtesy-mask-103824_1.jpg

Last edited:
went a few months ago... great place, still disappointed that they got passed over for a Shuttle. (they did get a trainer, but they should have gotten Atlantis...it was the one that did the AF Missions)
Just be careful of the merch you buy at the store...
not a quality or pricing issue...
I like Digicam hats in the summer, so i bought myself this hat...
usaf-camo-hat-006913_1.jpg

I get stopped at least one a week by someone wanting to thank me for my service.
I've never Served. (various family members have, even a cousin who was a steward on Air Force One for the Bush 41 administration)
I just bought a hat at the NMUSAF...and I have to explain that EVERY TIME.
The last thing i want someone to think is I'm trying to pull off some Stolen Valor BS.

I've Even Tried to make it more obvious with a Star Fleet insignia pin...
51oNtA+6WuL._AC_UL116_SR116,116_.jpg

goes over most folks heads

I'm just a Fan of the Air Force!

I Also bought myself this Fun Face mask there, and I can't believe how many people I've had to explain it to...
remove-before-flight-courtesy-mask-103824_1.jpg

Whats a digicam hat?

We did it in 2 hours, but we were with a 5yo, so had to adjust.
Did you skip 3/4 of the exhibits or walk at a brisk pace with no stopping ?

Did that; It is not a "one day" museum IMHO.
If someone is a real aviation "buff", it could definitely be a 2-day event. We happen to live within 30 minutes and end up going almost yearly,

If someone is a real aviation "buff", it could definitely be a 2-day event. We happen to live within 30 minutes and end up going almost yearly,

So would I if we lived in Ohio.

Agree.
BTW I heard AF will put a loyal wingman prototype in there. No news about it on website but I'm eager to visit again just for her.

QP was informed, while engrossed in the "firebombing of Tokyo" exhibit, that the 5 yo needed to use the bathroom; 17 seconds later that was reaffirmed but now "real bad"

The rest of the exhibits were viewed as if the planes had, in fact, actually flown by him. Such are the risks in such endeavours.

Made it out here yesterday around 3:30 pm. Cool this morning in the 50’s but ok.

Kinda boring drive out I-70 was t bad I’m either

Back