Heading out for a brisk morning ride

I took the Seven Axiom out today. It's a full custom titanium frame (66cm c-t-c) with Wound Up carbon fork, Moots titanium stem, Zipp bars, 11-speed Dura-Ace (2X11), and Campagnolo Shamal Ultra wheels. Sad to say, but at this stage of my life (I'm 68), riding my bike is the only time in my life I enjoy a total Zen. The black fuzzies on the side of my face aren't sideburns, they're "Cat Ears". They reduce wind noise. I have 7x24x365 mind sapping tinnitus and these help keep it from getting even worse.

Anyway, I'm just sayin' "hi",

Scott

Edit: Argh! I meant to put this in the in Bicycle section. Mods, move it if you wish. Sorry!

IMG_2199.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice. The only place I can bike is around my neighborhood lol. I’m sure having the wind noise reduced is nice though that is always a plus.

Nice. That's a seriously large, seriously bad A quality bike. It looks terribly old school with the horizontal top tube, like road bikes are meant to be. I've always wondered if a frame that large has more flex than say a 58?

I gave up road bikes a few years ago, just not that many interesting roads nearby and too many distracted drivers. My last bike was a full DA LeMond 853 Maillot Jaune.

Nice. That's a seriously large, seriously bad A quality bike. It looks terribly old school with the horizontal top tube, like road bikes are meant to be. I've always wondered if a frame that large has more flex than say a 58?

I gave up road bikes a few years ago, just not that many interesting roads nearby and too many distracted drivers. My last bike was a full DA LeMond 853 Maillot Jaune.
The frame is stiff but not whippy like some big frames can be. It's triple butted Ti. My first custom frame was a Saso (not to be confused with Salsa). It was a fillet brazed, steel tubed Tange Prestige and Ultimate combination. Both the Saso and Seven have very similar ride characteristics. In other words, Ti rides a lot like steel. That is a good thing.

I remember those LeMond frames back in the 90s. He had a couple of very popular frames back in that era. They were always racey and nice looking. The Reynolds 853 tube set was good stuff.

Nice looking bike!!
You must be tall - that's a huge frame. Beautiful bike!
Thanks! I'm just under 6'6". But oddly enough given my size, I am known to be a good climber. I'm one of those weird-o's who enjoys lighting their quads on fire during a climb.

A video of me descending my beloved Peachy Canyon Road. I ride this road 4 or 5 times a week during the prime cycling season.

Scott

That's a nice Seven I had a few titanium framed bikes. Tubing size, shape and thickness can make for a different feeling ride, as well as straight or curved seatstays.
Something special about those ti frames. Like jewelry, fun to just stare at that precious metal.

Back