Head to Head Test of 3/8 inch Compact Impact Wrenches

Makita does have one, WT05. I actually just got one but haven't used it yet. 12v CXT line. Brushless and almost comically small. Too bad it wasn't included in the video.

Pretty happy with my M12 stubby too, running 2Ah and 4Ah batts. I like the grip angle, how small grip can be overall with 2Ah batt, and overall size. Love ASO (auto shut off) mode 4 when tightening lug nuts as it shuts off after reaching 10ft.-lbs.

Pretty happy with my M12 stubby too, running 2Ah and 4Ah batts. I like the grip angle, how small grip can be overall with 2Ah batt, and overall size. Love ASO (auto shut off) mode 4 when tightening lug nuts as it shuts off after reaching 10ft.-lbs.
That's funny the Makitas have a mode that's sorta the opposite of that, it stops spinning it in reverse once it senses you've got it off. I guess so the nuts or bolts don't go flying off. The 12v Makita has two speeds and that auto reverse stop feature.

Cool to know re Makita feature.
I can stop undoing the bolts or nuts when they are loose but I like the feature that allows me to not overtighten them, torque wrench comes out then.

Back