He Likes His Pennzoil

I just called my cousin to ask him if he wanted me to buy him some of the NAPA brand oil that is 50% off regular price. Of course, l knew the answer was going to be NO. He's a diehard Pennzoil user. His reply is, "My daddy used Pennzoil, his daddy used Pennzoil, etc., etc."
I have nothing against Pennzoil. It's an excellent oil. But, my cousin thinks if he uses any other oil besides Pennzoil that some kind of mechanical damage will happen to his engine. :rolleyes:

If he loves Pennzoil so much, see if you can find any PYB on clearance, they've been marking it down at Wal-Mart, I think it's down to $8 jug for 5w30 here, I picked up the last 2 quarts of 5w20 they had at my walmart today for $1.22 to give to my sister. For whatever reason Pennzoil is her oil of choice, not that it's a bad choice but she only uses PYB, wonder what she's gonna do when it's gone because it looks like they're getting rid of it in favor of PHM and Pennzoil Full Syntetic.

API certified full synth oil and OUA Blackstone Lab facts don't care about feelings. Let him do his thing.

I just called my cousin to ask him if he wanted me to buy him some of the NAPA brand oil that is 50% off regular price. Of course, l knew the answer was going to be NO. He's a diehard Pennzoil user. His reply is, "My daddy used Pennzoil, his daddy used Pennzoil, etc., etc."
I have nothing against Pennzoil. It's an excellent oil. But, my cousin thinks if he uses any other oil besides Pennzoil that some kind of mechanical damage will happen to his engine. :rolleyes:
He is probably blissful, not like us maniacs.

Same as my dad, PENNZOIL, been using it for the last 50+ yrs.

My daddy hated Pennzoil and it filled his engine with wax in the 1970s, so I will never touch it again. He always espoused Valvoline. :p Come to think of it, though, he has negative things to say about every oil ever except Valvoline.

Actually kind of weirdly I used to use Pennzoil in my mom's car and mine with no ill effects about a decade ago, but now for whatever reason I use Supertech and Valvoline in about everything. Next OCI for my dad's Sportage will be the full syn high mileage NAPA branded Valvoline stuff, though.

Part of me wants to use Castrol just to spite my father, I've always been tempted by the green jug and that cool Castrol Supra in Gran Turismo. I think I used Castrol synthetic (black bottle) in my mom's Taurus about 10-12 years ago once, met with indignation by my father, but I don't remember it running any worse or better.

Being brand loyal would definitely simplify the choice of what to buy. And save me a lot of time looking for sales, flashy jugs, etc.

My daddy hated Pennzoil and it filled his engine with wax in the 1970s, so I will never touch it again. He always espoused Valvoline. :p Come to think of it, though, he has negative things to say about every oil ever except Valvoline.

Actually kind of weirdly I used to use Pennzoil in my mom's car and mine with no ill effects about a decade ago, but now for whatever reason I use Supertech and Valvoline in about everything. Next OCI for my dad's Sportage will be the full syn high mileage NAPA branded Valvoline stuff, though.

Part of me wants to use Castrol just to spite my father, I've always been tempted by the green jug and that cool Castrol Supra in Gran Turismo. I think I used Castrol synthetic (black bottle) in my mom's Taurus about 10-12 years ago once, met with indignation by my father, but I don't remember it running any worse or better.
YES! It was Gran Turismo 3 where “Tom’s Supra” made Castrol sexy.
6B1EA353-777F-426D-94E5-1DA4A4BA4590.jpeg

Back