Hazet 916 HPL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for a good long handle 1/2" drive ratchet. Trav pointed me to this beast, and I bought one. It is stronger than most breaker bars, and has 90 teeth for a 4 degrees of arc swing. Sorry for the large picture.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by spasm3
Looks nice. I like how the ratchet lever is smooth and does not really protrude, handle looks nice too.

Yes, it is very well made.

Hazet makes an great ratchet, the 36 tooth is also smooth with little back drag. I used the 36T for over 30 years, it was solid and reliable. The one you have is rated for 1000nm (737 ft.lb).

I like how the ratchet lever is smooth and does not really protrude.

Yes they are nicely recessed....but I managed to break the lever off one of my 1/2'' Hazet ratchets. It's now my home ratched, and fixed with a wingnut. Warranty ? I have 2 Hazet 1/2'', one a flexhead - ''they don't make that model anymore, so we can't do a replacement. '' Up yours too as we say here.

Originally Posted by Silk

Yes they are nicely recessed....but I managed to break the lever off one of my 1/2'' Hazet ratchets. It's now my home ratched, and fixed with a wingnut. Warranty ? I have 2 Hazet 1/2'', one a flexhead - ''they don't make that model anymore, so we can't do a replacement. '' Up yours too as we say here.

That sucks!

That'd be annoying. Snap-On had a full repair kit in stock for my 1940's 1/2" drive unit
21.gif

Hazet makes kits for the old ones. Post the model and I can probable find/get one. For my 30 year old kits and grip are still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back