Hazardous duty pay: Anybody else getting it

I get a premium of 10% for those days I need to report to the office. Not much, but at least a little something.
How about everybody else?

Nope, been working since this CV mess started and not making anything extra. I'm certainly not complaining, I'm thankful to still have a job to go to!

We only laid two people off (out of about 20 total employees) but they were bottom of the barrel employees that were due to go anyways. We have had 3 guys take voluntary time off due to concerns about the virus, then when 2 or 3 weeks passed and they realized they couldn't get unemployment, they came back to work. Other local businesses in our line of work are having a difficult time keeping people or calling people back. A lot of folks think they can invent a sick/vulnerable family member/relative to get some kind of voluntary unemployment, I don't think that's worked out for most. Those that were laid off are making significantly more money sitting at home, so they're difficult to bring back. I should mention that our line of work (commercial construction subcontractor) doesn't attract the most esteemed employees. If most can find a way to get paid to sit at home, they'll sure try!

Some of our health care workers in rural areas are only making a fraction of what they would normally make as well as working significantly more hours. How disgusting is that! If anyone deserves to get hazardous duty pay it is them.

Nope, I have worked everyday since this started. I work for a DOD Contractor and my pay is pretty much set in stone.

Originally Posted by wag123
Some of our health care workers in rural areas are only making a fraction of what they would normally make as well as working significantly more hours. How disgusting is that! If anyone deserves to get hazardous duty pay it is them.

I agree with you.

Unfortunately many hospital executives feel they are just doing their jobs and doing nothing special.

A close relative of mine works as a nurse for Johns Hopkins. Right now they are losing money because of all this. They have cut the salaries of some of the non health care staff such as professors and are not making contributions toward retirement. The nurses are still paid the same and nothing more. It is all just part of the career path that they chose.

Pay cuts and layoffs of health care workers big time around here. Wife knows APRNs that got 33% pay cut. MDs with 50%. Hundreds of furloughs. Luckily she hasn't been impacted so far.

mad.gif

Not getting it but paying it.

My company is paying a 25% bump to go in and work (manufacturing) until Mid month.

UD

I'm LE in NY and we've been hit hard in my geographical area of employment. I am a single father and sole provider for an 8 year old girl and 12 and 14 year old boys. As much as I HATE coming home feeling (looks like I had it in January 2020 as well as about 7 others I work with; awaiting test results) I signed up for this 19+ years ago; it's my job.

The talk of paying us that went to work under these conditions the "hero pay" isn't right. Different scenario for a private employer. I won't deny it if given but I do pray our Gov't doesn't go there. I sure would love the 25k (max) promised and I would get it. But I have to be true and say hey those of us working in this mess are getting paid. Use the money to pay those that are out bartenders our waitresses and lower income workers. And by that i DO NOT mean pumping social programs. I mean the person that didn't do so well but made it work BY WORKING and now is screwed.

Nothing here, and I've also been working every day. In and out of customer cars over and over, one of the closest and grossest places you can be. I haven't worn a single glove or mask, and I'm fine. I take my temp every night, several times a night.

A 10% commission bonus on all labor hours would sure be sweet... considering we went from 3 techs to 1 (me) for 2.5 weeks.

Nothing from my healthcare employer, and I work in the ER. I don't really expect it either. We are actually having hours cut (flex days at least 1 shift a week where you come in 2-4 hours late, have to use PTO time to make up pay, OT has been drastically cut as well).

My daughter who just got a job as a greeter at Kroger is getting a $2/bonus right now on top of her $10 regular pay..

No hazardous duty pay, probably because the job is hazardous to begin with. OT is available all the time now and well worth it. Free and mandatory testing is a perk. I'm about perked-out by now.

Originally Posted by fdcg27
I get a premium of 10% for those days I need to report to the office. Not much, but at least a little something.
How about everybody else?

ROFL! To the office? Say WHAT?

I really need to sweat my organization a bit if office dwellers get hazard pay. Insane.

What I got was a firm directive not to bill for furthering education anymore, and not to accept overtime without clearing it with my director first.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

I agree with you.

Unfortunately many hospital executives feel they are just doing their jobs and doing nothing special.

Yes, they are doing their jobs and nothing special, and they are getting totally shafted for it, in a special way. Unsat.

$2 more on all hours worked on my regular schedule and an extra $16.50 an hour on top of overtime time and a half.

Originally Posted by BISCUT
I'm LE in NY and we've been hit hard in my geographical area of employment. I am a single father and sole provider for an 8 year old girl and 12 and 14 year old boys. As much as I HATE coming home feeling (looks like I had it in January 2020 as well as about 7 others I work with; awaiting test results) I signed up for this 19+ years ago; it's my job.

The talk of paying us that went to work under these conditions the "hero pay" isn't right. Different scenario for a private employer. I won't deny it if given but I do pray our Gov't doesn't go there. I sure would love the 25k (max) promised and I would get it. But I have to be true and say hey those of us working in this mess are getting paid. Use the money to pay those that are out bartenders our waitresses and lower income workers. And by that i DO NOT mean pumping social programs. I mean the person that didn't do so well but made it work BY WORKING and now is screwed.

Well said.......
cheers3.gif

Back