Havoline's Synthetic Technology. How it differs from Synthetic Blend? (chat tech line)

wemay

Site Donor 2023
I have seen the term, "synthetic technology" on German lubricant sites but not here. So i asked "Susan" on the Havoline Technical questions chat line what the difference is between it and the "Synthetic Blend"....

Added 5 min after above:
I also left them a voice message with the same questions and the Lubricants Tech Support employee advised that the difference between the ST and FS is "significantly less" than that of the SB and the ST oils. All other information is proprietary.

1602604713515.png

Last edited:
Havoline Synthetic Technology, Mobil Super Synthetic and Pennzoil Full Synthetic are all entry-level synthetic oils that were designed to allow the major brands to better compete with the store-branded synthetics, IMO.

Havoline Synthetic Technology, Mobil Super Synthetic and Pennzoil Full Synthetic are all entry-level synthetic oils that were designed to allow the major brands to better compete with the store-branded synthetics, IMO.

I believe you are correct except for ExxonMobil where Mobil Synthetic, I believe, is slotted below Mobil Super Synthetic. ;)

Synthetic Technology = marketing lingo blah blah blah. Havoline FS is as good as anything else and I wouldn't hesitate using it. Best oil is clean full synth oil with a good filter.

So the real question becomes does any "name brand" that meets Dexos actually provide some advantage over a WM or Costco or Amazon that meets Dexos? And what would that advantage be?

So the real question becomes does any "name brand" that meets Dexos actually provide some advantage over a WM or Costco or Amazon that meets Dexos? And what would that advantage be?
If not extending oil change past manufacture recomendation probably not jmo

Nope probably a disadvantage unless you are getting some type of rebate with the name brand oil..

I’m surprisingly annoyed that Chevron is not offering their new premium Full syn high mileage in the smart change box. They are only offering the “synthetic technology” second tier synthetic HM.

Last edited:
I’m surprisingly annoyed that Chevron is not offering their new premium Full syn high mileage in the smart change box. They are only offering the “synthetic technology” second tier synthetic HM.

It would be worthwhile to email them and ask if they will in the future. You never know.

I believe you are correct except for ExxonMobil where Mobil Synthetic, I believe, is slotted below Mobil Super Synthetic. ;)

Have to disagree with you on this my friend...

I believe Mobil full synthetic is on the same tier has Mobil Super synthetic. Heck they even use the exact same containers. :LOL:

And I believe they both say they both can be run for 7500 miles or 1.5 times longer than Mobil Super.

No problem bb', disagreement is healthy 😉.

I only base my opinion on when I use their comparison tool specifically for my Hyundai or as a general comparison, Mobil Full Synthetic shows as the last of the recommended Synthetic oils. But to your point, the warranty protection intervals for each, MFS and MSS is "7500 miles or your vehicle manufacturer's oil change interval. Which ever is longer." I'd say that's a win for either.

[/URL]

You must press "show more" at bottom of page a few times to reach MSS and MFS. And sorry for veering off-topic in my own thread. 🤦

Last edited:
It would be worthwhile to email them and ask if they will in the future. You never know.

Haha, I was reading this last night while holding my newborn and thinking “when I get around to it” with a chuckle.

I wont have another oil change till Next year, I can afford to be patient and see what happens. I can use M1 HM or VASwML if they don’t. No biggie other than I like the box.

Back