Havoline.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's many Havoline 10w-30 UOAs.

89 Mustang Nissan Pickup Hyundai V6 Jeep

Sort through these results, there's even more.
smile.gif
It's good stuff!

After perusing all those reports, maybe I'm way off on my thinking that 10w-30 is more stable viscosity wise over 5w-30. Both grades end up at between 55 to 57 Sus.
dunno.gif
10w-30 seems to end up at about 56 Sus and 5w-30 55 Sus. Hmmmmmm

quote:

Originally posted by Drew99GT:
After perusing all those reports, maybe I'm way off on my thinking that 10w-30 is more stable viscosity wise over 5w-30. Both grades end up at between 55 to 57 Sus.
dunno.gif
10w-30 seems to end up at about 56 Sus and 5w-30 55 Sus. Hmmmmmm

That's the point I've tried to get across several times but somebody always contradicts it.I constantly see the recomendation of 5W30 in the winter and 10W30 in the summer yet they (dino) both almost always end up in the mid 50's.I've looked at the data listed under the data thread and almost all of the 5W30 dino's start out with a little higher viscosity than their 10W30 counterparts.It just seems to me that if someone "feels" like 5W30 is too thin then skip the 10W30 and go up a grade to 10W40.I promised myself I would not respond to these threads comparing 5W and 10W but dang I broke my promise.

I don't think 5w30s are as different as they once were. Probably why most car makers have gone with the 5w30 recomendation. Having only one oil weight makes it alot harder to screw up.

-T

I use Havoline 10W-30 and it seems to do very well. Never but just a little gray "dusting" on the drainplug magnet. Have not done a UOA though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back