Havoline user now uses cheapest oil I can find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is! But, Chevron has ownd them for many years. It use to be TEXACO Havoline Motor Oil. Now it's Chevron/Texaco
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: chad8
I found more info than I needed on cheaper oils. This site makes bitog almost obsolete.The testing is Paid for by manufacturers of mostly private brand oils to random test for quality.

http://www.pqiamerica.com/index.html

http://www.pqiamerica.com/testresults5w30April2010.html

Anything that is paid for by the manufacturers is subject to coercion. It's called "conflict of interest." I would never trust data from a source like this.

Chad8
You make the statement
"Not one person on here keeps their cars long enough for oci's and lab tests to be relevant."

How long do you think that needs to be?????

Originally Posted By: Spector
Chad8
You make the statement
"Not one person on here keeps their cars long enough for oci's and lab tests to be relevant."

How long do you think that needs to be?????

One heck of a sweeping generalization. Bad day today?

John

I highly doubt ANY site will ever make BITOG obsolete. It's "one-of-a-kind". If you want to lube anything this is the place to be. Or, if your just a car nut.

Originally Posted By: Tortured_Soul
I just bought a quart of Havoline (SN GF-5) yesterday at O'Reilly for $2.69. I think that was a pretty good deal.

I don't know how you guys find these deals on Havoline. It doesn't seem to matter where I look, it's always over $3...

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Tortured_Soul
I just bought a quart of Havoline (SN GF-5) yesterday at O'Reilly for $2.69. I think that was a pretty good deal.

I don't know how you guys find these deals on Havoline. It doesn't seem to matter where I look, it's always over $3...

T-Soul, $2.69 is a good price indeed(for any name brand oil) and Havoline is a good oil too.

Grampi, Havoline doesn't do the rebates that they once did but, I do see the 5qt/filter specials lately which make the whole package quite reasonable.

I am noticing that the best oil specials today are the 5qt/filter deals. I liked best, when there would be a sale price on a whole case of oil and a rebate to boot! When each qt of oil after sale/rebate was less than a buck. And then, there was seperate filter sales such as...FAR after rebate. Can't beat that with a stick!

PIQA supplies you with good knowledge. If it was not for BITOG and Tom, we would not know anything about it. Keep trying you will someday maybe get it!!
Originally Posted By: jstutz
Originally Posted By: chad8
This site makes bitog almost obsolete.

Not for me.

Warning: Hijack in Progress!

My all time highest mileage vehicle (technically two owners) had 1.4 million miles.

My current highest mileage vehicle (one owner) has 590,000 miles.

Whats your record Chad8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back