Havoline Synthetic Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone using Havoline synthetic oil for their engine? What's your opinion in this oil? I've been using Amsoil but at $6.00 per quart that pretty steep. I believe Autozone sells Havoline synthetic, anyone know how much per quart for 10w30?

Thanks.

I've been using a quart of Havoline synthetic with 5 quarts of Chevron Supreme in my Jeep 4.0. It's $3.79 where I get it. I think Mobile 1 would be a much better choice if it isn't being mixed, usually you can find it on sale somewhere for about $4/quart...

It is g3 to my knowledge. I've used it to 6k no problems. Last I looked it was a little less than 4 bucks at autozone. Yea, its good oil. the 10w30 is the right way to go.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by jeepzj:
Anyone using Havoline synthetic oil for their engine? What's your opinion in this oil? I've been using Amsoil but at $6.00 per quart that pretty steep. I believe Autozone sells Havoline synthetic, anyone know how much per quart for 10w30?

Thanks.

Here in NJ, Advance Auto also has Hav synthetic in most all viscosity grades. I think it's $3.79/qt.

I'm using it in my Protege and my g/f's Eclipse - I found it on sale at Advance Auto for $2.98/qt - I got an impressive UOA from the Eclipse (better after 3300 miles than Pennzoil dino at 2500), and pronounced by Blackstone good for 6K mile intervals - Here's the UOA - http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001447

It's a good oil, overpriced at $4/qt, but a great deal if you can find it for under $3.

I just put in 4.5 quarts of the old Havoline synthetic (big lots) 5w40 in my wife's Montana Van. She knew I changed the oil this weekend but not what I put in there and last night while driving she commented that she thought the engine was quieter then before (5w20 Kendal semi-syn). I thought it was too. I'll do a UOA after 3,500-4,000 miles to see what it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back