HAVOLINE® PRO-DS® FULL SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL

The Havoline Pro DS is a excellent oil. I wish Chevron would sell this in more stores. I can order it but I’d like to see if it is the latest spec or not before buying.

New GF-6/SP Data Sheets as of 09/01/20.

I saw those, but I’m with Pimtac: I’ve never seen the boxes on any Walmart shelf locally. I’d prefer to make sure I wasn’t getting old product. It’s hard when you have to order it for pickup or delivery.
It seemed to run just fine when I ran it, and the smart change box packaging was fantastic.

Considering how often the 6 quart Smart Change packs are out of stock online (at least for the 5w30 & 5w20 flavors) I don't think one has to worry about purchasing "old product".

I saw those, but I’m with Pimtac: I’ve never seen the boxes on any Walmart shelf locally. I’d prefer to make sure I wasn’t getting old product. It’s hard when you have to order it for pickup or delivery.
It seemed to run just fine when I ran it, and the smart change box packaging was fantastic.

One of my local WM has them on occasion the Renton store but they usually always online! Lately they've been on line for $15 and change. A good deal for 6 quarts of quality full synthetic oil. I've used it and it worked well in the Corolla.

I ran two Boxes of the GF5 10w30 and thought it was excellent. The data on themGF6 is more detailed. excellent looking. The only way I have been able to acquire the boxes is through Walmart online. order over 35 ucks of stuff and get free at home delivery. I guesse if it is not the new stuff you could return to walmart.

One of my local WM has them on occasion the Renton store but they usually always online! Lately they've been on line for $15 and change. A good deal for 6 quarts of quality full synthetic oil. I've used it and it worked well in the Corolla.

The times I’ve run it I bought it online with in store pickup. Pretty easy. Worked great and I liked both the ProDS and High Mileage Synblend versions (both in 5w30).

Someone posted something here about no being able to find in 5w-30 a few weeks ago wonder if now that it's back in stock at walmart if the new stock is SP/GF-6A

We have two Walmarts where I live. The “South” one has full stock of all the grades of a 6 quart box as of last night. They have never been sold at the “North” Walmart.

I've never seen them on the shelves here; it's all green, yellow, silver, and purple jugs. I prefer online delivery, just so I don't have to frequent my local WM which s*cks. I'll happily buy two boxes at a time for free shipping.

It's a terrific oil for the price. Are there "better" oils if you want to split irrelevant hairs for hypothetical situations? Sure. Are there better values for an oil that meets d1G2 GF6 specs? Highly doubtful.

In some locations this oil is rare as Tesla gas caps. My Walmart has it in stock. It was on rollback and I nabbed two boxes for my Ford. Very good oil at a bargain price. Box oil is the future of marketing motor oil in the US.

Running the Pro DS 5w30 in an ecoboost now. I plan to sample at 3k to see where it is in regards to viscosity. Initial impression after 1,500 miles is that it isn't using oil and the engine is quite so there is that.

Running the Pro DS 5w30 in an ecoboost now. I plan to sample at 3k to see where it is in regards to viscosity. Initial impression after 1,500 miles is that it isn't using oil and the engine is quite so there is that.

Keep us posted. Should be good oil. The one weakness, if you want to call it that, would be the Noack. Havoline's Noack has historically been among the highest among the full syn.

Keep us posted. Should be good oil. The one weakness, if you want to call it that, would be the Noack. Havoline's Noack has historically been among the highest among the full syn.

They didn’t publish Noack figures this time around either, similar to what some of the others have started to do. Maybe they feel it’s redundant since the specification calls for Noack to be below a certain percentage?

I use about every oil and am a Chevron fan but find it typical that the darling oil brands of BITOG are based solely on cheapness.
When it's hot here its cheap or heavily rebated.. If I was in the oil business I'd have frequent sales to lure in this crowd.😀

Back