Havoline HighMileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience with this stuff? It actually looks to be slightly thicker than Valvoline Maxlife, and the TBN is about the same. Just curious. I wanna switch to a HighMileage oil on my GF's Explorer next oil change and just trying to pick a good one to stick with. I know the Maxlife is one of, if not the best HM's there is.

Also, on a bit of a side note, could I use the HM stuff in my jeep even though I'll only have 16,000miles on it by next oil change? Just curious as their ad packs seem to be better, but I don't wanna cause any damage to my seals or gaskets.

I used it for one OCI on the 94 Camry. I picked up the last three 3 quarts on sale at WM, but then had to fork out $4 for the 4th quart at a supermarket (only place in town that had it). Not worth the cost, and it is not energy conserving (too thick). I saw some improvement in consumption, but that was it.

I might run it again, if it were readily available at reasonable prices.

Last edited:
I bought about 20 quarts of it when it was on closeout. Decent low cost oil, but on the thick side for max gas mileage.

I do a 50/50 mix with Pennzoil 5w20 to thin it out.

Why is it so hard to find Havoline/Chevron HM, Synthetic and Synthetic blends?

They really need to improve their marketing.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Nobody bought it,

AAP closed out the entire line of Havoline HM, Syn and Syn Blend for 49 cents.

Got cases of the Havoline HM from BigLots and AAP back in 06...cheap, cheap, cheap....

From what I've seen at my local AAPs, nobody buys much of any oil from them. MY local AAP still has a bottle of the original Pennzoil Platinum AND a bottle of the original reformulation.

I can't recall if my local Walmart has the HM anymore or not, I never really took notice. I know they have the regular Havoline. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it. I know Havoline in general has really dropped in popularity lately, especially with guys on this site.

^ i don't know why... there is nothing wrong with it. it's all pennzoil or mobil1 here for whatever reason. i have havoline 10w30 in one of my cars now, i'd think it is just as good as shell or castrol or valvoline, etc. i wish i could find the hav HM stuff b/c i would buy it for sure.

I used the older version HM and it ran super-smooth, fwiw. Worth purchasing if you see it. Likely not going to be around for too long though.

Last time I spoke with my Pennz/Qstate rep at work he said when Shell bought Havoline they phased it out...killed it off more or less

Nah, Chevron didn't phase out Havoline. Chevron's owned Texaco for more than a few years now. What Chevron has done recently is to phase out SOME of the duplicate offerings where one was widely known and the other wasn't. I believe this mainly affected things like some of Texaco's HDEO offerings. But in light of Chevron's own-branded offering being Delo, is that really an issue?

Well I checked my Walmart today, and they don't even have Havoline anymore. Only place I was able to find it locally was Advanced Auto, and they only had regular Havoline.

I am sure Havoline HM will work fine. I am using the conventional with Deposit Shield. It works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back