Havoline High Mileage Motor Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the difference from the Havoline High Mileage Oil versus the regular Havoline oil. It's on sale for $1.49 at Checker's and the Havoline at Wally's is about the same price. Would the High Mileage oil be a better bargain?

Wow! That's a excellent price especially for Hawaii.

In my opinion the High Mileage oils are a better value simply because of the way they're made. As a general rule the High Mileage oils are different in the following ways:
- blended to be thicker within their specific viscosity grade.
- contains small amounts of high quality esters to help swell engine seals and reduce or prevent leaks.
- contain a slightly more robust additive package to help with cleanliness of internal parts.

Older engines tend to produce more blow-by which creates a need for more cleaning and better particle suspension.

At $1.49 per quart you can't go wrong. Havoline has a excellent reputation for making a good quality product and there's no reason that their new High Mileage formula would be any different. I'd go for it.

Thanks for the respose ForVay, I'll buy a case of the High Mileage...Great Forum thnks for the info...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back