HAVOLINE has slayed your GC!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
itschy.gif
To all the GC nuts, Havoline conventional and synthetic have slayed the German Brawtwurstoil and are now the best bang for the buck. Now don't go running to your therapist. Try your local Autozone and buy some of it.

Rabble rouser! Coming into the sacred church of the green and defiling it with a lowely American oil.
But yeah.. It is sorta funny.

Has anyone ever tried to argue that GC offers the best bang for the buck?

buster...buster...buster...buster...buster...sigh...you sneaked out of the house and got on the internet again, didn't you? Even though you have been VERY BAD...Happy Thanksgiving!

Hmmmmmmmm. Let me think about this for a few seconds . . . Buster's proposition: REJECTED (
wink.gif
). My VQ35DE has run smoother since I changed from Havoline to GC post break-in (I ran two fills of Havo after the factory fill). More specifically, though, my startup timing chain rattle immediately went bye-bye with the GC (I occasionally get a touch of it on cold mornings, but nothing like when I used Havo). Thanks, I'll leave the Havo for you. Good stuff, but for my $, I'll take the GC.
cheers.gif

LOL..I'm such an antagonist. I'd like to see the Havoline Synthetics go head to head against Castrol's only good oil, the GC.
tongue.gif

Put it this way, I'd take the entire Havoline line over the Castrol. From conventional through synthetic. Other then the GC, nothing Castrol makes impresses me.

[ November 24, 2005, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

I use GC=the best bang for my buck and coudn't care less about the rest of the Castrol line since I don't use the conventionals.
BTW this is a GC forum, not Castrol's...
Why should we care how the dino Castrol fares against Havoline?
Am I missing something?

Ooh, buster,

I believe vad has scored points here...it may not be a takedown (yet) but it is at least a major reversal...

haaaaa. vad got caught up in it. pscholte, you must know I'm just trying to tease the GC. GC is a fine oil.

quote:

haaaaa. vad got caught up in it. pscholte, you must know I'm just trying to tease the GC. GC is a fine oil.

M-m-m-m, I don't know, buster. Our space sensors indicate that you had a very serious look on your face when you typed that initial post. I'm afraid the referee is going to have to review the tapes...
grin.gif

quote:

LOL..I'm such an antagonist. I'd like to see the Havoline Synthetics go head to head against Castrol's only good oil, the GC.

Put it this way, I'd take the entire Havoline line over the Castrol. From conventional through synthetic. Other then the GC, nothing Castrol makes impresses me.

Oh dear... Buster: Buy a car with a VQ under the hood, and two things will happen:

1) you'll change your tune.
wink.gif

and

2) soon, you'll be caught up in it too.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

quote:

Buy a car with a VQ under the hood, and two things will happen

I bought a Honda, and GC made my car extremely sluggish. It's too thick for some applications IMO. I'm happy with a 20wt to ligh 30wt for MY car, but believe me, I know how great GC is. I'd use it in a heart beat if I had a car that called for it. I just wanted to BUST your ***** with this thread. I ruffled the GC cult.
cheers.gif
tongue.gif

quote:

...so, Buster, there was a reason the village deserved to be ruffled?

Yes. You see I'm conducting an experiment for the University of Pennsylvania on the very delicate mentality of the GC cult. It's a cult that is so defensive and sensative to their G%d, that any slight criticism or other brand suggestions, throws these fine oil folks into a frenzy. We don't know the mechanism involved, but we think it's a demonic intervention of some sort. We can not pin point it but are getting close.

Yo, Buster:

Does your brother not have an Infiniti or Nissan (same difference) with a VQ series engine in it? Run two 7.5k OCIs with whatever Havoline (just make them the same both times for consistency sake) and two 7.5 OCIs with GC - green OR gold. Your choice of filter, jsut make it the same for all four OCIs. Then UOA all four of them.

I believe you're the one who proclaims that the VQ series "loves a heavier 30-weight oil."

quote:

I bought a Honda, and GC made my car extremely sluggish. It's too thick for some applications IMO. I'm happy with a 20wt to ligh 30wt for MY car, but believe me, I know how great GC is. I'd use it in a heart beat if I had a car that called for it. I just wanted to BUST your ***** with this thread. I ruffled the GC cult.

No, no, no buster, no one's ruffled -- don't be taking too much credit there.
tongue.gif
We're just firmly standing up for truth, justice, green oil, and the American Way.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back